Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Shower #3: Co-Wed Shower with Mr. Mojitos Fam

Just saw this was chillin' in my drafts and I realized I never wrote a post for this! So yeah, two weekends ago it was an AMAZING weekend weatherwise in So Cal... it was in the low 80s, crystal blue skies, almost got a little too hot when you stood in the sun too long... but honestly, I would do ANYTHING to have that weather for my wedding in a couple of weeks (yah that's right people, a couple of weeks - holy crap!)

So Mr. Mojito's mom and sister told us right when we got engaged that they wanted to throw a shower for us. Since it would be Mr. Mojito's friends and family we instantly decided we would go with a "Co-Wed Cocktail" theme... mostly because you make it a foofoo Bridal shower no men are going to be easily dragged into this.

Mr. Mojijto's mom, dad, and sister went ALL OUT. The food was frickin' amazing let me tell you... FFIL Mojito is a bomb ass cook and he made all of the food. Just realized I went straight for a pic of the booze rather then the food...


There was sushi, coconut shrimp, chicken terriaki kabobs, cocktail weenies, cheese and crackers, fruit, and my person favorite... FMIL Mojito's famous Crab Cake Appetizer Bites... OMG OMG OMG. I could eat them hot, cold, whatever... they never get old. For drinks they had different wines, champagne and soda as well as spa water, mojitos (of course!), and mai tais!

After lots of eating and drinking we decided it was time to open up gifts. Because Mr. Mojito's sister wanted to have at least one game she did gift bingo where everyone had a bingo card and they marked it off if I opened a specific gift... surprisingly I think the guys were into it more then the girls. That was the only game we did bc they knew guys weren't into the shower game thing which was perfect to me.




I have no idea what was so funny. We have funny guests I guess. I don't remember anything funny happening about that picture... although we did already get it like two presents before opening it. Whoops, thanks Target. When I went online to check too it said "Requested: 1, Received: 2" -- TARGET FAIL.

Other then that we just took some pictures with some of our bridal party that was able to make it to the shower (shoutout to GM-Matt and BM-Lauren who came from AZ!)


Pretty sure Brad is making fun of me for ALWAYS putting my hand on my hip in pictures...


MOH-KC made the boys pose...








Last Thursday my office through me a work shower and we got some more lovely things off of our registries. That was four showers, whew... glad those are over!

Tomorrow I have off work for good 'ol Cesar Chavez Day (pretty sure TONS of you don't get that holiday right?) so Mama Mojito and I are heading down to Newport to meet up at the yacht with our coordinator and all of our vendors to just basically finalize everything. I think tomorrow will do one of two things...

1) Stress me out even more.

2) Make me feel accomplished and at ease.

Let's hope for the latter. It's almost hump day ladies... enjoy your week!

5 comments:

Ashley @ Bride on a Budget said...

Looks like fun!

Born to be Mrs. Beever said...

I sure hope you feel accomplished and at ease tomorrow! I know the feeling...17 days for me, and 18 days for you! Exciting!

Jen said...

Wow that looks so fun!

Sweet Tooth said...

I love your dress. :D

Nicole-Lynn said...

Very cute outfit! You look great! I love the food choices and the theme. Glad you had fun!