Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Shower #2: Friends & Family

Are you guys soooo sick of recaps from me yet? Well if so I'd kick rocks... because I'm pretty much going to have a lot of recaps from here on out. The projects are coming to a close (although I still have lots to share, so don't totally leave!) and I'm not really on the hunt for as much inspiration... although I think wedding inspiration is now stalking me. So yeah, I'm at 39 days and I don't think I can manage putting much more on my plate. Especially since my weekends have been filled with things like this post... SHOWERS!

My second shower was this past Saturday and it was great! A couple of my Aunt's organized the whole thing and it was held at my old roomie's clubhouse at her apartment complex. It was the perfect place for a shower!

Once 1:00 hit it was time to hit the grub, everyone was chompin' at the bit. It was catered by Old World Deli which is a little local restaurant I grew up with -- they have some grub sammies & pastas let me tell you. My aunt has known the owner forever I guess so that's why they went with them, good choice!



Once everyone got some beverages in their system it was time for the games... we played a few games and everyone seemed to have a good time with it. The first one was a wedding word scramble, pretty straight forward. The second one my cousin planned... she was gifting us a spice rack and covered up all of the spice names and numbered them... everyone had to guess what all of the spices where. Uhm, they all looked the same. I got like 3 right. Future housewife fail. The other game that was played was the one that goes on the whole party and is done at many showers... it's hilarious how competitive people get. That's when everyone wears a necklace and you can't say the word "wedding" -- I was on a roll and had radar ears and was catching everyone. Someone got me to say wedding though while I was pre-occupied with gift opening, damn. Last but not least was my favorite...



You put a piece of paper on your head and have to draw a bride. I did it once when you had to draw a baby at a baby shower once. Totally hilarious to watch, even funnier to look at the results. Everyone wrote their name on the back and my aunt collected them all. I then went through them all and picked a winner. So funny and I have them all to put in one of my many books to hold onto the memories.

Once we were done with the games it was time for gift opening, there was so much great stuff at this shower! I'm sure going to be all set in my kitchen by the time this wedding is over! I won't bore you with tons of gift opening pix but here is me crying at my shower... pretty typical. Mom gave me some great sentimental things from items that were my grandmas when she got married and also something that was given to me the day I was born.


I will mention two gifts though... one was my new wine cooler! I've been wanting one FOREVER!



And of course my extremely creative Mama Mojito who made me a towel wedding cake that was filled with all of the cooking utensils we wanted! She couldn't fit them all so I also got a bag on the side filled with the rest of the stuff we needed... after all this I'm set! I have more rubber spatulas, cooking spatulas, and whisks then I'll EVER know what to do with.



Once gifts were over it was time to just mingle around, eat cake, and take some pictures with my family and friends...

This is my cousin Ella, if I was going to have a flower girl this little ham would have been it!



This is my friend Linds, she is my work lunch buddy (we pretty much meet every day since we work a mile from eachother) and we were hired together at In-N-Out when we were 16... she's getting married in two weeks!

Mama Mojito and Future Mojito-Mama-in-Law...

My bff from college and old roomie Gus. She is the one doing our reading of "I Like You"...

Here we have my fabulous MOHs and our moms... plus MOH-Lu's sister was there too!

My oldest friend Breann...
Of course the shot with my MOHs... I love my ribbon bouquet! MOH-Lu is doing such a great job! :)
And of course we had to do a shot with all of the girls...

4 comments:

Ashley @ Bride on a Budget said...

Looks like you had fun!

Em said...

This makes me so excited for my shower in a few weeks! LOVE the rehearsal bouquet, by the way. Looks like you had a fab time!!

Shanna said...

No kicking rocks here...I am loving reading about your fun showers, etc! You have great friends and family & your parties look FUN!

Katie said...

Awww it looks like a great time! I'm glad you got some wonderful presents! :) The game you played where you draw a bride on your head looks fun!