Thursday, March 4, 2010

Final Fling Before the Ring: Brunch & Shopping [4 of 6]

When I heard on Friday that reservations for brunch were at 9:30 I thought that was the joke of the day. Nobody fully went to sleep until 4 am for the most part...

I wake up at 9:05 with BM-Cuz, nobody is awake. 9:06? Everyone is awake. Somehow 8 of us girls got put together and out the door making it to our reservations by 9:50. How awesome are we? I didn't have to do much with my hair because they had my wear my Minnie wedding ears which are so cute... yet I looked like a friggin' cone head. All is good in the hood though.

Can I just say a side note? Boys are dumb. I had NUMEROUS guys come up to me all day Saturday wishing me happy birthday or "What's the occasion?"... was the veil, sash, and button talking about me being a "bride-to-be" not a giveaway?? Wow. Catch up boys or we're gonna start makin you wear sashes and tiaras.

So anyways... we got to Las Brisas in Laguna Beach and it was DELICIOUS. I've been there for dinner many times... they have GREAT seafood and an amazing view. But their brunch was yum-o!

Photobucket

It started to rain a bit while we were at brunch but that didn't stop us from making our way to the gazebo on the cliff (I hear of a lot of girls getting engaged here) and getting a few pix in...

Here is all of my BMs that could make it... missed you BM-LC & BM-FSIL!

Photobucket

And here are all of my "OC" girls... our high school was Ontario Christian, and well we always used to do that in pictures. MOH-KC thought we needed to bring it back...

Photobucket

And here is one more shot of all of us... I hate that you can't see the ocean in the back ground of these pix!!



After brunch and our mini-photo shoot we headed into the downtown area of Laguna to check out the shops. After that we headed over to Fashion Island in Newport Beach to do some more shopping...



We were all starting to get pretty pooped and wanted to get a little rest before our big night on the town. This was also about the time that we started getting calls and texts from family and friends asking us if we were okay because of the tsunami warnings at our local beaches (Thanks Kjpugsssss LOL)...

Of course we couldn't go back to the hotel without one quick stop for a cupcake! So we stopped at Sprinkles to pick up a few cupcakes for the road...







Once we got back to the hotel it wasn't long before the cocktails were being blended again. Up next was one of my favorite parts of the weekend... a cocktail shower hour in our hotel room and some more friends come join the party!

2 comments:

Vince said...

I love how you document your wedding. You always give update on your special day. I like your picture with your friends. Girl power...

Brittany said...

LOVE your pictures!! I CANNOT wait until my bach. party!!! I love girl nights haha Keep us updated with your jounrey with nutrisystem. I'm very interested in doing it.