Thursday, March 25, 2010

Dress Fitting Numero Dos

Hellllllloooo ladies... S.H.I.T. -- SO HAPPY IT'S THURSDAY! :) That's what we say here at work when we have off on Fridays!

So after a dentist appointment yesterday afternoon I headed on over to my dress alterations lady to see what she had done so far. It was so fun to actually see my dress FIT me... not too big, not too small. Of course I was an idiot though and totally forgot my undergarments... she also didn't do me SUPER tight in the corset, just enough to get an idea on how it all fits and stuff. Seriously though, what a difference in my dress!

Besides just checking out the alterations she made to my chest, height, and sides she also sewed in some of my fuschia tool underneath with the other tool. It wasn't what I was expecting but for good reason. I wanted layers and layers to make it super fun and dramatic... but she couldn't for a reason I NEVER thought of. She did as much tool as she could without seeing the fuschia through the dress!

I think it's still just a perfect touch though and although it's not a ton of fun fuschia fluffiness I'm still happy with the little bit of I'll get to show off for a few pix!

She also has my veil that she made me all done she just wanted to check the length, she's going to cut off about 5 more inches and then add all of the rhinestone details.

I'm going to go back next week just to do the final fitting (she has to close up all the seams, etc.) and if everything is good she said she would have it pressed and ready to go for me to pick up the week of the wedding. She was going to give it to me but when I explained that I have a big shedding black dog and it won't be able to go back in the back bc it will get wrinkled she offered to hold onto it for me. So let's just hope my fabulous Fiona doesn't decide to disappear on me in the next two weeks and we'll be good to go!

10 comments:

Alicia said...

You look beautiful!!! LOVE that dress!

Em said...

LOVE the pink! Love love love!!!! You look gorgeous :)

LauraLou said...

Gorgeous! And I love the pink tulle!

Sweet Tooth said...

you look beautiful. how exciting for you. :D

kmattso2 said...

It looks great! I love the pink tulle underneath =]

Kristy said...

love the fuchsia tule, such a cute and sassy surprise! the gown looks beautiful!

Nicole-Lynn said...

Yey! You look great! Beautiful dress.

thehickbride said...

LOVE THE COLOUR! I love that, the fuchsia under the dress, SO love it. I'm hoping to throw some tangerine under mine, so glad to know that it can work! Eeeeee

FYI You look freaking awesome, that dress fits you like a glove.

Marissa said...

Gorgeous!!!!!!!! OMG. And I must say that I love love love the fuschia....you are one beautiful bride! :-)

ValGalArt said...

How exciting! Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials and for being chosen Blogger of the Week ;)
you have a delightful blog too!