Thursday, February 25, 2010

Venue Pitstop

I never took a lot of pictures of my venue. I might have posted one or two when I first started this blog, but I probably had two followers so many of you haven't seen this. Well a couple of weeks ago I visited my venue for the first time with my wedding coordinator so she could have more of a vision for planning. Let me take you on a tour of our yacht... well our yacht for about 5 hours anyway. :)

This is the first floor...

The window that you see in the back is actually the sliding glass doors that open up to enter/exit the yacht. Very fancy. To the left is one of the bars (you can't see it) and then there is a piano when you enter that you can (a) have playing automatically, (b) bring in a pianist, or (c) just look pretty. We are going with C. There are speakers throughout and will be playing music during dinner that we choose. Although most people don't see the reception decor this will be the first thing our guests see... that's why it has to look the bomb. Now do you know why we are going with our bright color palate? All that white and silver and then BAM check out our bright ass wedding, It's gonna be the shizz and I can't wait to see what Jean from LaVonne's does with our reception space.

Now from that one picture if I turn around you then see this...

The buffet area and there will actually be more tables in this blank black carpet area. I think there is 18 tables set up and we need probably 20-22. To the left in this picture is the elevator and stairs to the other floors.

When you walk up the stairs this is the first thing you see...

This is the second floor. I call it the "Nightclub Lounge" because it has a great big dancefloor and this is where the DJ will be set up along with the cake table (what you see) and our photobooth.

Here are the couches, bar, a little area that will be offering coffee, hot tea, and hot cocoa... where you see my mom standing (the one by the elevator) is where the photobooth will be... there's more space then it looks like and it needs about 8x8 for space my photographer said. The workers on the yacht will be moving our short centerpieces up to all of the coffee tables once dinner is over and everyones heading upstairs... yay for duel uses of the centerpieces!

We are about half way to the top now! :) If you go up to the third level you are where the ceremony will be held...

Talk about a view right?! This is where I will become Mrs. Mojito!! There will be a bit of draping in the windows with clusters of flowers up top, two large floor pillar arrangements at the aisle on each side of Mr Mojito and I, a gorgeous aisle runner that Papa Mojito painted with our logo and there will be pedals lining the aisle, this is also where the tissue poms will be hung on every other row going down the aisle.

Now let's head up to the last and final floor... the roof!

GORGEOUS!!!! This is where I will be at 7:24 pm when the sunset is scheduled. There is cocktail tables all over the roof so guests can come up here to chat and get some fresh air with a cocktail or grab a smoke... although now that I think about it I don't really have any smokers really.

It was crazy, there was a HUGE storm that week in Cali when we were there and it was pouring the whole way to the yacht. It was like the second we stepped foot on the yacht the clouds cleared and we had this, then about 30 minutes later the storm dropped another round of rain. Love the shot I got though from the roof, stunning!

So that's my venue in a nutshell! I'm so excited to be able to do this unique ceremony/reception venue... I always knew I would have a beach wedding but never thought I would actually be on the water!

What makes your ceremony or reception venue unique?

5 comments:

Ashley @ Bride on a Budget said...

Gorgeous venue!

JEM - Aqua Bride said...

OMG!!! It is gorgeeeeeeooooouuuuuusssssss!

LauraLou said...

Your venue is probably the most gorgeous one I've ever seen!! You're going to have such beautiful pictures!

Vince | UPrinting said...

The venue is awesome. Perfect for your wedding day. Good luck to you.

Born to be Mrs. Beever said...

You know that I like your venue a lot as it was our second choice. Actually, it was Mr Fix It's first choice but I won out :) Our venue is super cool...very pretty, lots of landscaped flowers and trees and an orange orchard. But what makes it most unique? The zoo! So excited...I will be outside at the same time as you the day before for our sunset on Friday night! :)