Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Productive Mondays

I seriously had the most productive night last night and it felt good! I popped on yesterday's Ellen, two episodes of Pawn Stars (my new fave), and the Bachelor and got soo much done!


First I did our entire flip flop basket...

I purchased the white basket on clearance at Home Goods for $6. I bought 15 pairs of flip flops at Michael's a year ago and I think they were $.75 each. I purchased tags and ribbon and some stamps. I took apart the flip flop packaging and tied each together with some pink or green ribbon I had lying around and stamped some designs with the sizes on each flip flop. I'm then going to make a sign that will be sticking out that says "Meet Your 'Sole' Mates" and then something about using these for your dancing shoes.

I got that whole project done in about an hour and a half. Couldn't believe it. I had a rhythm going and I couldn't be stopped. I can even honestly say that I was able to somewhat even pay attention to Jersey Shore on Ellen as well as a bunch of hilarious clips that Ellen played for her 1100th episode!

Now it was onto the "Tears of Joy" tissue pax...


I made labels with just some basic avery address labels while at work one day and then cut ribbon into 6.5 strips. I wrapped them in the ribbon and stuck the ribbon under the labels. I used three different types of ribbon as well. The basket was given to me from my friend who used them in her pink/green wedding two years ago. The tissues had already been stuffed, I just had to do the ribbons and labels for each which took about an hour or so. I made 60 for my guests knowing that no men would use them (most likely) and not every person would grab one.

Once the tissue packs were complete it was back to the tissue poms...


I had showed you all my trial of my tissue poms and I realized it wasn't hard at all and something that I wanted to have on my chairs during the ceremony. I'm playing them down the aisle every other row so I will need about 12-14 based on how many guests we end up having. I decided I will make 5 of each color. I put together all of the tangerine ones last night in the remainder of the Bachelor and also cut and tied all of the ribbon for all of them. They will just need to be "poofed" out on the day of the wedding and will be ready to hang on the chairs.

I will say, during the past couple of weeks it's been nice the nights Brad's been working late (yes he's REALLY working late ladies haha) because I've been able to get so much work done on the wedding. The second the wedding is over I know I'm not going to be loving him working the late shift that's for sure! Tonight I plan on doing maybe another set of the tissue poms and a pen project I have to go with my guest book that I will share more about after I do it.

Doesn't it feel good when you get a good chunk of projects out of the way?

7 comments:

Ashley @ Bride on a Budget said...

Everything looks fantastic girl!

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

love these!

LauraLou said...

Nice job!! I haven't been getting much done lately, but I definitely agree that it's a nice feeling when you do! (Still wish I could've been there to help!)

Nicole-Lynn said...

Great job! I love getting things done while in front of the t.v. :)

Christine said...

Everything looks great! I loved that feeling of getting some many projects accomplished!

Bee @ BP Wedding said...

WOW! You did get a lot of projects done. Everything looks great!! :)

Pug(s) and Bugg said...

LOL you are insane. Seriously come DIY with me, k?

-kjpugs