Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Menu Decision

A month or two ago Leslie from Slieberry Designs who designed my invitation suite said she would make a menu for me as well. She made me a few versions that I enjoyed and only had minimal changes. I had her do them so I could fit 4 to a page to minimize printing and they would be long to slide into a napkin.

We are having a buffett at our wedding so this was actually totally not necessary. It was just something else I wanted ot have because I could. Knowing there are plenty of items already on the table I decided to forgo that idea because it would also save time and money.

Instead I had leslie design me one large menu and then I purchased a big frame for $5 at Wal-Mart and it will be placed at the front of the buffett table line. Will add a little pizazz to go along with everything else and inform guests of what we have to offer.

This is how it turned out...

I'm very happy with the results and am glad I decided not to go with individual menus for each person at their rable.

And just because I like pictures with posts, I will throw in our Valentine Dinner...

The Stinking Rose is such a fun and yummy (and smelly!) restaurant but of course you can't see that from this picture because we have a big 'ol seperate curtain right there. Probably should have tried another angle. Oh well. And yes, those are empty mojitos. :) After My delicious Garlic and Capers Halibut at the Stinking Rose we hit up a favorite dessert spot, Milk, in Hollywood. Sooo yummy!

Please, go head on over to their website and tell me you aren't wanting something sweet and yummy now!

Are you having menus at your wedding? How are you going about doing them?

7 comments:

Ashley @ Bride on a Budget said...

I absolutely love the menu! So cute!

Nicole-Lynn said...

Yours turned out great! I wanted to do the same for our wedding... we're having a buffet and I love the idea of showing the guests what their eating but individual menu cards for each person would cost a lot. It's fun to see someone else doing this :)

JEM - Aqua Bride said...

I'm making individual menus because i'm having a sit down dinner. Since i'm printing them myself at home, the cost would be minimal as I already have the paper. I may even print them at work bringing the cost down even more. Sshhhh...

Bee @ BP Wedding said...

I really love how your menu turned out! It's so cute. :)

Born to be Mrs. Beever said...

How funny. I didn't want to do menus at each place setting so I am opting for the same thing you did...using my wedding graphic and colors from the invites and turning it into a framed menu to place on the buffet table. I love the way you had the word 'menu' going down the side...may need to copy that idea :)

Alvina said...

We're having a buffet too so I was thinking of putting the name of each food item NEXT to the food, so people know what they're getting, and then one menu (standing up?) at each table so people can look at it when they wonder what they've got on their plate :-P But your menu is very cute!! :]

Katie said...

The menu looks fab!!!