Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Back to the Brunette Basics

I'm a Brunette. How dark? I have no idea. I started dying my hair in 7th grade and never looked back. I've had my hair so many different colors I can't even keep up. Here is a few pictures of me over the past few years with some of my different shades...

So there was a few times were I went blonde...

And then I've done jet black a few times which I always love but it's SO hard to get rid of...

Then there is always my multiple shades of brown...

And of course the few times I do some drastic reds...

So as you can see I'm never afraid to try new things with my hair... I'm always cutting it, and growing it, and dying it, and then dying it something else. That's why it was really hard on deciding for my wedding. After many polls with friends and family I decided I would try to start going blonde again after I got engaged. Before then I had black hair and it was a process that took some time. I was loving it until I saw some of my epix from Angels stadium and the Claremont Colleges...

Do you see that!? I love me some fun color editing in pictures like this one to make that blue door really pop. But you know what else then pops? My brassy looking blonde hair. I decided I did not want to see my hair looking like that 30 years from now in some of my pictures so I decided to go a "natural" route that I feel I like on myself as not something I will regret looking back at pix. Because let's face it, some people be really regretting their wedding pix now...

You know what I'm saying?? So I went back to my brunette roots. I'm not sure exactly what color my hair would be these days but my hair always was brown with some reddish tones to it so I went with this color.


...and I love it.

Are you doing anything different with your hair or are you going the safe way? Do you think I made a good decision?

11 comments:

Bee @ BP Wedding said...

WOW, you look great in any hair color! But you are such a hot brunette. Very pretty! :)

Bicoastal Bride said...

I think you made a great decision, and I recently did the same thing. After years of dying my hair, I went back to a shade close to my natural brown. I love the way it looks and definitely don’t miss spending so much time and money getting highlights and treatments!

Ashley @ Bride on a Budget said...

I really like the brown on you!

Pug(s) and Bugg said...

GIRL YOU ARE HAWTTT!

And yes I love me some natural Mojito hair! It looks great and classic. I am the opposite... I sometimes go dark. I've been a darker blonde most of my life though and it looks more natural on me (I'm naturally a really borning mousey lighter brown) than dark chocolate brown does. Maybe post wedding I'll do a chop n dye??? LOL!

-kjpugs

Aubrey said...

That looks great. I'm thinking that I'm heading back to somewhere in the neighborhood of my natural brunette as well. Either that or I'm going to let me stylist professionally dye my auburn about 2 weeks before the wedding.

Stephanie said...

I love it!!! And I honestly, I want it. Your pic will be an inspiration pic for me at the stylist ;)

Em said...

I'm the same way!! I love getting creative with my hair. Last year my stylist put some "hidden" purple and pink highlights and I felt like a rock star. The brownish-reddish that you have now looks really great :)

I think for the wedding I'll be reddish-brown (lol, yes, there's totally a difference btwn brown-red and red-brown) w/ some blond-ish highlights. Should be fun!

Born to be Mrs. Beever said...

I love it! My hair is also a brown with reddish tints and I actually just called my stylist today to set up my final hair appointment next month for the cut and coloring before the big day :) I think you were smart to go more natural and glad you noticed it with plenty of time to adjust. :)

Danielle said...

I really like the more natural brunette look on you - it looks really good!

Jennine said...

I love the new color and the curls. You look gorgeous. I am going with my highlights and low lights that I just got done and will get done again right before the wedding.

Alicia said...

OH yes - the brown looks awesome! I really like it on you!

I also think you look foxy as a blonde too!!!

I think I'll be keeping my hair slightly darker for the wedding (it's about two shades darker than normal now).