Thursday, February 4, 2010

Bachelorette Liars

This post is going to be a little confession, not related to my wedding planning at all but it's funny to me whenever I think about it. Here we go...

Two summers ago a group of us girls had a Bachelorette party in Vegas... and I'm talking we went ALL out. That's not the confession. The confession is, NONE of us were getting married.

Haha... we had this big idea after we started planning the trip that if we acted like we were at a Bachelorette Party we would get special treatment... and that was the case. I remember free drinks, free chips (money not food haha), no waiting in lines, it was awesome.

When I say we went all out we did... we had a girl wearing the ring, the "bachelorette veils", decorated the door to our hotel room, decorated our car, and we even made shirts! We had one friend be the bride one night, and another friend was the bride the other. The problem was when you ran into some guys from the night before and they were like sooo confused... we just blamed it on the aa-aaa-aaa-aalcohol! (Reallllly hard to type out that song FYI.) My favorite part was when we uploaded the pix to MySpace when we got home so many people were like "Oh my God, I didn't know so-and-so was getting married!!"

Let me show you some pix of our mock bachelorette party in action...


Please note, braless woman on the left was not part of our party.
Our shirts said "Game On" except the brides who said "Game Over"
We bought black tanks from Old Navy and Iron-on letters and rhinestones from Michaels


In the process of pimpin' our car out!






We even switched the bride in the same night at two different clubs... quick shirt and veil swith-er-oo! Haha...




We were next to the cougars!




View from the VIP Rooftop at the Palms
Going to Vegas and it's not your Bachelorette party?
Make it one... you won't regret it!

17 comments:

thehickbride said...

OH MY GOODNESS. You're my new favourite person, EVER. Hahaha that is the best idea I've ever heard of! Seriously! Lol. That would be so awesome!

kmattso2 said...

Hahahha that is awesome!!

Jenn said...

HA! that is too funny! great idea, good thinknking ladies!

Chris and Danielle Lenz said...

That is too much fun and soooo smart! Love it!

Ebonee Monique said...

BRILLIANT & Hilarious all in one....LOL!

LauraLou said...

That is hilarious!! I wish I was going to Vegas for my bachelorette party!! It would be so fun!

Nicole-Lynn said...

So funny! Sounds like fun!

Sara said...

This is hilarious!!! I would totally do this! I am constantly trying to get my husband to tell people in restaurants it's my birthday for the free cake!!

Shanna said...

This is too funny...girls just wanna have fun!

ArtistJess said...

seriously amazing idea :)

Em said...

BEST.IDEA.EVER. Like, the best idea that anyone has ever had ever in the history of life. Definitely doing this sometime in my life. DEF.

Caitlin said...

The braless woman made me guffaw at my computer screen.

I want to try this now!! Looks like a can full of awesome. :)

Creature Gorgeous said...

Oh, that is AWESOME. If I weren't an old cougar myself, this is what I would have opted for! Great time!

Deb said...

What a brilliant idea!!! Sounds like you had a fantastic adventure.

Pug(s) and Bugg said...

I love you so much for this.

I keep telling Mr P that we should do a fake proposal during our vday dinner. He still HAS the ring box I mean come on! FREE DESSERT IS PRACTICALLY GUARANTEED. He's not on board though :(

-kjpugs

Katie said...

This is hilarious! Annnnd I really wish I could go to Vegas....

Born to be Mrs. Beever said...

LMAO That is genius!