Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Another DIY Bites the Dust

Okay, so my DIY list seems to keep growing and growing, so today when my mom and I were talking we decided to take a look at some of our to-do's and see how we could either take them off the list completely or figure out a way to get it done or get it easier.

One of the things I've always loved is the "Thank You" Parasols that have become EXTREMELY popular. My dad has been a sign painter his ENTIRE life, so painting up this badboy would be easy for him yet take a lot of time. My dad is a busy guy, and I've already thrown some big projects his way.

I bet I'm one of the few, if not only, who's dad made their table numbers. Hahaha, not a typical dad-duty.

And this is COMPLETELY not related to the post, but is this not a gorgeous thing done with parasols?

So yeah, realizing this was a project that would take a good chunk of an afternoon on my dad's weekend and knowing he does have better things to do then stuff for my wedding I thought I would take this one off of his hands. Into mine? No way, I don't think I have the patience anymore and I don't want to spend the money to buy one that somebody else made.

So I'm going with something that I still think is cute in pix and will work perfect for our Thank You postcards that I plan on making after the wedding... Thank You Posters.

I will probably do two seperate posters for "Thank" & "You" and my dad could whip this project out for me in 20 minutes with some vinyl and a board. I might border it with some ribbon or something or depending on how it looks I might just leave it in the fuschia swirly fun font he uses for me. I'll be sure to show them to you when they're done, but there won't be a tutorial. Because honestly my dad just prints out the vinyl and lays them on poster for me. That's how Mr. Mojito had such a sweet little poster for me at my graduation, courtesy of Papa Mojito.

I was hoping it would have said "Marry Me Miss Mojito!" but whatever... that actually came a few days after graduation! :)

Do you plan on doing one of the "Thank You" trends? What are you going to use?

10 comments:

Ashley @ Bride on a Budget said...

Thank you posters are cute too! Or you could always get a plain parasol and photoshop thank you onto it.

LauraLou said...

We're doing the signs too - So easy and still so cute!

Jen said...

Thank you signs are super cute! My friends did a serious one and then a silly faced one and sent them to seprate groups of guests!

Alvina said...

Would it be lame to take a picture w/ a blank parasol and photoshop Thank You onto it? (If you've got good Photoshop skils!)

Shanna said...

I know someone who did the thank you signs & they were so cute. She sat on his shoulders & held "thank" & he held "you"...I loved the idea!

Ashley @ KiwisandCocktails said...

I LOVE the idea of the THank you Signs. I wish I did that for my wedding! My friend just got married (New Years Eve) and I told her she should do it, but ..she did not! I think the signs will look great!

Marissa said...

I was totally going to suggest what Ashley did...just use a regular parasol and photoshop THANK YOU on there and no one will ever know!! :-) That way you get the TY card that you want without the hassle or expense!!

Christine said...

I love the thank you signs. I didn't do them for my wedding but if I were to do it all again I think I would!

Sara said...

I'm going to second the idea of using Photoshop to superimpose "Thank you" onto a plain white parasol. No one will ever know the difference!

Born to be Mrs. Beever said...

I totally wanted that same parasol! I almost ordered it but then asked about how it 'shows through' to the other side. You would definitely be able to see it through the white and I wanted to use the parasol in some other pics with my BM's as I go them blue parasols. So I ordered the white one with no 'Thank You' on it.

Then my sister created a Thank and a You sign using our graphic from the invitations. We are going to print it on cardstock and mount it on some pretty backing to match the wedding colors. I think it's a wonderful idea!