Friday, January 1, 2010

This is going to be a good year!

I hope you all had a fabulous New Year's Eve and Day! Mine was fabulous, I always seem to have a great NYE and this one was at the top of the list. I will do a seperate post about how my evening went. Ashley from Bride on a Budget did a 2009 survey so I thought I would join in on the fun! Let's just say I know 2010 is going to be great... we are all (well a LARGE MAJORITY of us) getting married! This was a funny moment on Twitter yesterday as we all realized we are getting married this year!


1. What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before?
Got engaged!

2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't remember them, so let's say no.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Nobody close.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, thank heaven.

5. What countries did you visit?
Australia - great memory!

6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you didn't have in 2009?
A hubby!

7. What dates from 2009 will be etched upon your memory, and why?
June 20th... the day we got engaged.

8. What was your biggest achievement of this year?
I would say graduating college... but although I walked, I still had a couple classes left.

9. What was your biggest failure?

I think I did pretty well this year.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing too serious.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Dakota!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
LOL let's say Mr. Mojito, he made a good move proposing to me.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Eh, not worth writing about.

14. Where did most your money go?
Mortgage, like always.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My proposal day!

16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Boom Boom Pow!

17.
Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
a. Happier
b. Thinner (hard to believe, I know)
c. Poorer

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Exercising

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Bitching

20. How did you spend Christmas?
Woke up at my parents, spent the afternoon with Mr. Mojito's fam, and then back to my fam's house for dinner.

21. Did you fall in love with 2009?
Nope, a couple years before that.

22. What was your favorite TV program?

The Office

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I don't think so.

24. What was the best book you read?
The Shack

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Lady Gaga rocked my world this year.

26. What did you want and get?
A ring, I was very impatiently waiting.

27. What did you want and not get?
More property

28. What was your favorite film of 2009?
I don't remember... The Blind Side was the last good movie I saw. Oh, loved the proposal too.

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Turned 25 just a few days ago and went to Disneyland.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Nothing, 2009 was great.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept of 2009?
I made casual Friday happen a few days a week while at work this year, got way lazy.

32. What kept you sane?
Not much.

33. What political issue stirred you the most?
The election, hands down. Oh yeah and Arnold... this fool continues to piss me off on a regular basis.

34. Who did you miss?
My roommate Ashley when she moved out :(

35. Who was the best new person you met?
I can't think of anyone new that I met this year.

36. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
Don't sweat the small stuff. Have learned it before, but have to annually remind myself.

6 comments:

LauraLou said...

Love the screen shot from Twitter! And Boom Boom Pow will always make me think of 2009 too! That and I Gotta Feelin'!

JMay said...

This is a great questionnaire, loved your answers :-)

Cute blog, will be following.

Happy New Year!

Katie said...

Haha! Love the Twitter revelation!

Born to be Mrs. Beever said...

This is so great! Thanks for sharing...2010 will be so amazing with all of our super fun and special weddings! Gonna do this on my blog tomorrow :) Happy New Year!

Em said...

Such a fun realization for all of us! Josh and I were driving yesterday and all of a sudden it hit me...we're getting married in less than 5 months! Holy.Crap. Here's to making 2010 an amazing year!!

Pug(s) and Bugg said...

If you use "met" loosely then I suggest you put me down for #35 biatch!!!!!!! <3 <3

-kjpugs