Thursday, January 21, 2010

Tear Jerker

I saw these for the first time at a wedding last summer and thought they were so cute. They were done totally differently and it wasn't until the past month or two I've been seeing people make these a lot. They are the little tissue packs for the ceremony. Once again, a DIY project that is so not necessary but is also such a cute detail, cheap, AND EASY.

The most recent ones I saw were of Bee's here . She did such a great job and am using her same idea for mine. Here is Bee's finished project that was on her blog:

Cute right? Here are the things you need to accomplish this DIY project:

  • Glassine Envelopes (I purchased 100 on eBay for $6.50 and that was including shipping)
  • Pocket tissue packs
  • Ribbon (you don't have to use it, just for some extra color)
  • Labels to seal envelopes ("For Tears of Joy", etc.)

These are the size of the envelopes I purchased and I put two tissues in each envelope. The tissues are a perfect fit:

It seriously was as easy as 1... 2... 3...

To stuff fifty of them it took me maybe 20 minutes or so. I have all of the ribbon pre-cut at 7 inches to wrap around and stick under the edges of the label. Once I make the label I will follow the rest of the tutorial that was on Bee's blog. Remember, you don't have to make a ton of them because not everyone will take one and it will most likely be women or friends that like "wedding souveniers". What? Am I the only one that takes EVERYTHING possible at a wedding? Haha

What was the easiest DIY project you've encountered so far?

9 comments:

PMerr said...

I did these too! Probably the easiest thing ever! You can see them here:

http://countingto814.blogspot.com/2010/01/214-because-not-everyone-brings-tissues.html

Alicia said...

The easiest DIY project I've done so far was the chalkboard menu that I just blogged about! SUPER simple!

Bicoastal Bride said...

I love that idea! The easiest for us was putting together the photo mat and frame our guests will sign.

Em said...

I love these! I think I want to do them. I have so much freaking time on my hands (thanks, unemployment!) that I could easily take on this project.

Pug(s) and Bugg said...

These look so fun!! I won't be having any because I'm lazy but I like your style girlfriend!!!

Jenn said...

I've been looking into doing these lately.. Well for my wedding in forever from now, ha!
I saw your comment on Danielle's Blog, we have been friends for about 10 years.. And you follow both of us :)

Bee @ BP Wedding said...

Aww! Thanks for linking me! I'm so happy that you were inspired by my little ol' tissues. They are so easy to make and fun to include in the ceremony! I can't wait to see your finished product. :)

Ashley @ KiwisandCocktails said...

What a cute idea! I love them! Way to go with the DIY project!

The Girl Can't Help It. said...

Hey you! I have something for you over at my blog. :) xo