Monday, January 25, 2010

Rehearsal Dinner Deets

I'm actually REALLY excited about our rehearsal dinner. Maybe it's because it's Italian and I'm a sucker for Italian food but I just think it's going to be a fun kickoff to the wedding.

One of the things I quickly learned after booking with my venue was they only would host rehearsals on Tuesday and sometimes Wednesday evenings. Well, since about 75% of my bridal party is out of state that didn't seem like that would work. We would either (a) have to expect them to come to town the whole week which we weren't going to do or (b) have only a few people at the rehearsal which made it seem pointless.


We instantly found Villa Nova (one of our faves!) that is in the same harbor in Newport Beach and thought it would be the perfect spot for a rehearsal dinner. Once we realized we weren't sure what we would do for an actual rehearsal though we kind of put this on the backburner.

I posted a blog one day stating my idea about having the rehearsal run through at a different location and I got positive feedback from all of you. After speaking about it with Katy, my coordinator, she thought it would be totally fine. So we decided that myself, Mr. Mojito, probably Mama Mojito, and Katy would go do the rehearsal run through at the venue the previous week. Katy would take notes, pictures, whatever she feels necessary. We will then actually hold the rehearsal at Villa Nova!

In-Law Mojitos put a deposit down on the banquet room that they have at Villa Nova. When we went last week and saw the banquet room it was set up perfectly for us to visualize it. The room was only half filled with tables to seat 32 (we are expecting about 28 so it was perfect) and the other half was available for us to put a dance floor, more tables, whatever. We instantly thought it was the perfect space for us to be able to do a walk through of the ceremony. So that's what we're doing -- it's different, but it will give everyone a basic idea of what we are doing for our ceremony.

So today I decided I was going to design some menus and invitations for the rehearsal dinner but wanted to check out Vistaprint's selection first to see if maybe there were some pre-made templates that I enjoyed that I could use without all the sweat and tears of designing something. I found something that was part of our ocean theme and I really loved it as did Mr. Mojito so we're going with it...



I ordered the custom matching envelopes rather then white ones to go with it for that extra touch. Since I only was ordering 20 of them I thought we could have the extra stuff and have a return address already put on them. I might even purchase a turquoise or orange paper to do liners because I always wanted to and never had the opportunity.


I also designed a menu that we picked out for the day of the dinner and ordered those for everyone's place settings as well...

I should have them in a little over a week so once I receive all of the projects I will be sure to review them and let you know how it all came out here on the blog!

4 comments:

Ashley @ Bride on a Budget said...

Very very cute!

LauraLou said...

Oooh! I love those invites, envelopes, and menus! SO cute!

Pug(s) and Bugg said...

ohmygosh those invites/menus look AMAZING!!!!!! I'm so impressed girl!

-kjpugs

Katie said...

Mmmm you are making me hungry! Our dinner isn't going to be at our reception venue either....totally works though! :) Love the menu/invite!