Tuesday, January 26, 2010

MAC-up

Photobucket

There, I said it. You know my addiction. I have pallets and pallets of eye shadow. I don't wear any face makeup except bronzer and the rest is all about the eyes -- I love eyeshadow and especially mascara. When I go out with the girlfriends a lot of times people want me to do their eye makeup and I always get told I do great with my eye makeup. People are often thinking it's a waste for me to even get my make-up done on my wedding day and think I do great and should just do it myself.

I think two things about that... (1) it's my wedding day and I don't want to do crap, I wanna be pampered yo! and (2) my makeup doesn't tend to show up as well in pictures for some reason unless they are pretty close up.

Sidenote for a secret weapon for those of you who want to do your own make-up for the big day. To get your eye makeup to look smooth, bold, and last all day you need this product. Hell, you need this product for any time... it's awesome.

I bring you Urban Decay's Eyeshadow Primer Potion. Put a little of this bad boy on your lids before your eye make up and it makes the color bold and stay all day. I've woken up after a hard night and still have (semi)flawless lids. Just so you know Urban Decay isn't given me crap for telling you this... but if you little Urban Decay online gods are reading this, feel free to send me some free stuff. Thanks.

On to the rest of my post... so I had considered have a Mac girl do my Makeup as I've known a few who can do a fantastic job. But Mac also has a reputation of making some girls look like this:

Now although there was a time where I rocked the eyeshadow on the right, that's definiately not what I want to rock on my wedding day! So I thought the weekend of my bachelorette party (which is also in Newport) I would go test out some ladies at a Mac counter.

Enter friendor D. D got laid off a little over a year ago from her job and wanted a hobby. She got really into make-up, starting going to conventions (even had lunch with some Dior people or something like that), and started taking classes. She even started making her own organic makeup! She talked to me a couple of weeks ago and it brought up an idea. Why am I not going to let her do it? I know she does great makeup, she just finished a bridal makeup class, and she has her own airbrush to make me look shizam on the big day.

Yes, another friendor to get the job done. She's actually going to practice on all of the bridesmaids and myself the weekend of my bachelorette party so I'm really excited about that and will be sure to share pix! She wants to do it free of charge and just be able to use pix for her portfolio so I will probably give her a gift certificate to somewhere that she purchases a lot of her makeup from as a little thank you!

Are you planning on doing your own make-up? Having a friend do it? Or are you hiring a makeup artist?

3 comments:

LauraLou said...

That's so exciting! I'm having my mom do my make-up. I think I could probably do it myself, but I don't really want to. :) Can't wait to see how yours turns out!

Em said...

I love doing my eye make up, too!! I never understand how some girls don't know how to do their eyes. I've been putting on at LEAST eyeliner and mascara since middle school. Anyway, I'm actually doing my own make up for the wedding day. I've had some REALLY bad "pro" make up artist experiences and I trust myself the most. I can't wait to see your pics from your bach. party!!

happynappybride said...

My sis-in-law's doing mine...just spent a grip at Clinique a couple of weeks ago so that she'd have a full stock.