Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Internet Inspirations: Countdown to 8/14

Hey fellow blog readers, remember me? I used to blog a lot more frequently but then Christmas happened... and my birthday... and New Year's... and then I got REALLY sick. But now I'm back, and although these usually get posted on Sunday's, since it's been a few weeks since I've done one I'm doing it today! Let me introduce you to Paula...

Name or Blogger Name: My blogger name is pmerr, but my real name is Paula

Website: Countdown to 8/14 (http://countingto814.blogspot.com/)

How long have you been blogging? Only 7 months! I started blogging in May 2009 once in a while, but have recently started blogging pretty regularly.

What inspired you to start blogging? Me, Myself, and.....WeddingBee. As I was looking around for wedding ideas, I saw through Google searches & WeddingBee that many people had a blog about their wedding. Like many others, I originally started blogging so I could eventually apply to blog for WeddingBee (which I just did, BTW). After I started blogging, I thought it was a great way for family and friends to keep up with some of my plans. I have family (on my side and my fiance's side...ok, mostly on my fiance's side) that either live far away and don't talk to much, or live close but we don't see each other every week to talk about the wedding. That way, I'm not constantly talking about weddings, and they can feel included by following along.

What did you originally blog about and how has that evolved? I never got on board when blogging was popular a few years ago (mostly because I was like 12), so the first time I started blogging was about 7 months ago, when I started this blog! I've only blogged about the wedding, but sometimes my everyday life is kinda thrown in there. I feel like I'm still getting the hang of blogging, so I guess my blog has just evolved into a better blog from when I first started? I can still be shy sometimes, so I'm still trying to work through that phase. I hope it's still evolving and just getting better! I guess you'll have to be the judge!

What different types of blogs do you stalk? I like to click on different links on blogs, so I just check anything out. I generally just stalk wedding blogs, but I do like to browse through food/cooking blogs, craft/DIY blogs, and coupon/deal blogs, or any blog that is really interesting or is recommended to me. I do like to follow blogs that are about weddings in August like mine, since we're kinda going through the same things at the same time.

Three of your favorite blogs? hmmm...I have a ton of blogs that I LOVEE following, but some of my favorites that I read everyday are: WeddingBee, Miss Pink's Pink Life, and Random Reflections of a Perfectionist

How many blogs do you think you have in your feeder? Close to 80 and I always add more to my feeder! I usually just read along with that each time I log into blogger.

What impact has blogging had on you? Blogging actually has had a pretty big impact on me. I've made lots of friends through blogging (which my fiance likes to make fun of me for-he's just jealous) and I've gotten more comfortable sharing about the wedding and being myself while doing it! I've gotten more comfortable with blogging in general and have thought about starting another blog for food (which would probably done after the wedding) and someday a "Mommy Blog".

Additional Blogging Rants: Blogging takes a lot of time to get used to. It's pretty annoying that it's not really a natural thing. It's taken a while to get used to it and find a real voice, well, work on finding a voice. It's annoying that there isn't a place that tells you how to be when you blog. You have to find it on your own. It's also taken a lot of time to write blogs! I didn't expect that a short little post would take up a half an hour and it would take way longer to do my homework because I put up a post. (I'm more of an instant gratification kind of girl if you couldn't tell.) There's also sooo many talented bloggers (it's intimidating blogging among them as a "beginner"), and so little time to read them all or keep up with them all.

Thank you so much for being a part of this Paula, sorry it took me so long to get this posted... life was crazy over the holiday season! Don't forget to post this on your blog and send your readers over here to check out your interview! :)

3 comments:

Katie said...

Awww Pmerr thanks for the blog lovin! :)

Oh wait..maybe I should post this on HER blog...sigh...

Pug(s) and Bugg said...

LOL I say my FI is jealous too of my awesome blog friends!!! LOVE IT!

-kjpugs

PMerr said...

Thanks for posting this!! :)
Thought I wrote this a week ago, I guess I didn't! :)