Wednesday, January 6, 2010

FAILolutions

Let's face it, we all try and make resolutions and seriously... what is the success rate of ours? I know mine are never pretty. That's why I loved the way Miss Pugs is looking at it this year. Don't make resolutions, make plans. And hell, we don't have to have such huge things that clearly won't happen. Think small, it will happen more. So she filled out this little 2010 game plan so I'm going to do it too... here's my "plans" for 2010.

One thing I will learn: That my relationship isn't only about me. There is another person apart of it. I can be such a flat out selfish bitch and I need to think about Mr. Mojito and his feelings more at times.

One place I will go: For sure, Florida/Carribean for our Honeymoon, but the one that's a goal is to make it to visit Miss Pugs in the summer for her summer wedding reception in Indiana!

One physical habit I will break: I want to wear my hair down to work at least twice a week. I'm lazy and wear my hair up ALL the time during the week and I get so many compliments when I actually do it. (Miss Pugs, washing your hair every other day instead works miracles! LoL @ John Stamos comment))

One physical habit I will cultivate: Taking Dakota for a walk at least 3-4 nights a week. She has so much built up energy and only has a small space. She needs it, and lets all be honest here... I definately could use a walk.

One mental habit I will break: Stop being such a jealous person. Seriously Miss Mojito, the neighbor isn't going outside to take out the trash JUST because Mr. Mojito is out there... or is she??

One relationship I’ll repair: I seriously can't think of one. There was only ONE really important relationship I thought needed repair and that got repaired in the beginning of 2008 and I couldn't love her anymore then I did before our falling out. {I heart you BM-LC}

One work habit I will change: To actually accomplish ONE work related task everyday. It's so sad how I realize it's 5:00 sometimes and I'm like "Crap, was I really tweeting, facebook stalking, and reading Wedding blogs for the past eight hours?!"

One thing I’ll throw out: Stuff in the stacks of boxes that are in the garage that I never opened when I moved into my house a year and a half ago.

A second thing I’ll throw out: The clothes I say "Oh I will wear those again someday!" or "This shirt would be great if I went to a *blank* themed party!"

One thing I’ll eat more often: Fruit, I have the veggies down and I love fruit I just don't buy it as much as I should!

One thing I’ll eat less: McDonalds french fries. Guilty. Bad, bad Miss Mojito.

One thing I’ll drink more: Water. I never drink water hardly. I drink a whole lotta Diet Coke.

One thing I’ll drink less: I would say wine but that's a silly game plan, so let's say soda.

One resentment I’ll get over: My ex-boyfriend and ex-best friend/roommate cheating on me the last couple months of our relationship. The sad thing is, we didn't even break up because of it... imagine how long it COULD have gone on before I found out. See I'm starting to go all into it and bad mouth the situation some more. Drop it, Mojito. You met a guy 1,000,000 x's better then Ex-Mojito will EVER come close to being.

One person I’ll treat more respectfully: Mr. Mojito all the way. I can be such a bitch, I said that earlier. And I whine. And I cry. Gosh I'm a pain in the arse.

One thing I’ll spend less money on: Food. We eat out SO much. I like to cook, honestly I do. But laziness gets the best of me and Mr. Mojito.

One other change I’ll make in my finances: Once the wedding is over to build up my savings again, that bad boy has been tapped dry.

One thing I’ll spend less time doing: Watching Reality Television and instead will be... *see next answer*

And a thing I’ll spend more time doing: Working out. Period.

If you end up doing this on my blog be sure to share so I can check it out!

7 comments:

Em said...

Your "A 2nd Thing I'd Throw Out" is something I totally do, too. Do I go to any theme parties? Uh, no. But I might need this super-sweet totally vintage random shirt I bought at a thrift store.

Ashley said...

Your work habit sounds a lot like mine... non-work related things make the day SO much more bearable! I should hold myself to that same resolution :)

happynappybride said...

That was awesome...love the honesty!

Aubrey said...

I'm with you all the way. Good luck. You're great!

Pug(s) and Bugg said...

Mojito... I love you. Period. You crack me up and we are so alike. Add to our list to GET TOGETHER in 2010!!!!!!!!!

-kjpugs aka K$$$ aka Pugzzz

Llama said...

You have some amazing goals! You have laid them out so nicely! I wish you nothing but the best! I too need more water and less wine...well maybe just more water lol!

Doug and Marissa said...

I am so with you on drinking more water...but seriously isn't there water in Diet Coke?!?! ;-)

And on the watching less reality tv...just don't give up on Survivor, I need to someone obsessed like me to chat with about it!!! :0)

Oh ya...and I might have to steal this for my blog (I will give you credit for sure!!).