Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Shoes!

A simple title works best, you can always sell a title by just saying one word when it's something as fabulous as shoes. When I first started this little blog back in June (or July?) one of my first posts was about my inner confusion on what I wanted to do with shoes. Part of me always thought I would be a flip-flop bride... hell throw me my Rainbows and I'll be happy as a clam.


But as you get more involved with the whole wedding process you decide some things are way more important that you never thought were important before. Go ahead, ask Mr. Mojito and he will tell you I have probably over 30 pairs of flip flops and over 30 more pairs of other various shoes - easily. So shoes definately are a big part of my life.

So I found it wierd when I didn't think I cared about my shoes. I think the thing was I figured nobody would see them. Oh, but then I saw these amazing shoe pix on Weddingbee, the brides showing off their sexy colorful shoes. Plus I wanted to die my crinoline, so that means I will definately be wanting to hike up my dress a time or two to show off that beauty. Slowly my lack of desire became an obsession!


So I swooned and I swooned and fell in love with the guy who gets every fuschia shoe brides heart... Christian Louboutins.


::wiping drool off of keyboard::

But with that hefty price tag those are clearly out, I was able to find some GREAT shoes online and at Nordstroms that are very similar, even for less then $100. But I already knew heels were out for me. Mr. Mojito is only 1-2 inches taller then me so I knew flats were the way to go, or maybe I can push it with a kitten heel.

Yesterday Stephanie from "I Do at the Zoo" showed me a couple teasers from her wedding and I fell in love with her shoes. I thought for sure I was wanting fuschia until I saw her shoes!

Also love this pic because I have the same hanger!

So of course I immediately hit her up and told her to give me the details. She told me all about the shoes and so I went on the hunt... during that hunt so many ideas were shown and I was overwhelmed with so many cute shoes!

I first fell in love with both of these shoes...

Both between $90-$110, both are a UK brand, and both have NO SIZES ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD in my size. Sooo I moved on...

Fast forward a few hours to yesterday evening, just playin' online and make my way to the Rampage website. I decide to look at their clearance and there they are! A shoe I've pictured in my head so many times but never was able to find. Something that is flat, a sandle, comfortable, and still classier then a flip flop.

Loves it! And so perfect for me to wear so much after the wedding.

Before doing the purchase I decided to do a quick search around to make sure I got the best price and I endedu up still getting them on the Rampage website. I ended up getting them for $22.50 plus shipping and taxes which brought my total to just over $30! But while I was doing that search I ran into another shoe on Amazon...

The "Lacey Satin Flat by Miss Me" I thought they were just so cute and with them only being $35.95 with free next day shipping I couldn't resist, I bought them as well. So in less then ten minutes I had two shoes purchased, I hadn't even given myself time to think it out.

So here is my plan, if they both work great and are comfortable the plan is to wear the flats for the ceremony and change into the sandals for the reception! I'm very curious to see the true colors once I recieve them in the mail, I'll have the flats on my door step tomorrow!
Many girls are a two dress bride, I'm now a two shoe bride. For those prices I couldn't say no to $65 for two pairs of shoes, both in which could be worn again after the wedding.
How many shoes did you purchase before finding the ones? Will you be wearing more then one pair of shoes during the course of your wedding?
Photobucket

10 comments:

Ashley @ Bride on a Budget said...

Those are adorable! I have to pairs right now and I'm still looking for the perfect pair of heels.

kmattso2 said...

It took me three pairs to find the winners!! My winning pair are the beautiful green pair in the second picture you have posted, and I love them =]

Yours are adorable...the second pair are so cute.

PartyPlannerGal said...

Love the selections! Can't wait to see how they turn out! I love shoes and plan to have at least two different pair for the wedding. Just ordered Pair #1 today, so I hope they look as great in person as they do online!

Morgan said...

All those shoes are so adorable! I'm going on 8 pairs of shoes I've bought for the wedding and wedding events so far, and still haven't settled on which I'll wear for the wedding itself. I also got a back up pair of flat sandals for the reception though, since I know my feet will be tired after wearing stilettos for the ceremony!

Born to be Mrs. Beever said...

I just got my shoes a few months back and have a post scheduled on them soon :) I love them! I actually bought them on clearance at Nordstrom's. The fiance helped me pick them out. There was another shoe there that I think would have matched my gown almost perfectly but the fiance wasn't loving that one (plus it was like 3 times as much as the clearance shoes). So I bought them and have not looked back...I love them. And guess what? They're RED! Oh so lovely...can't wait to share. The post should be up in 2 weeks or so.

Born to be Mrs. Beever said...

By the way - LOVE your shoes! Both of them...such a great idea. Forgot to mention that I also have a post coming up about the flip flops that will be available for me to change into as the night progresses and the dancing begins :)

Jen said...

Oh you have that hanger! Love it! I did a pink shoes/pink socks for the groom look too! Love it!

LauraLou said...

I love both pairs - The first pair reminds me of the ones I wore for our second engagement shoot! I'll be wearing pink ballet flats for the ceremony (FI is the same height as me, so no heels) and cute pink flip flops for the reception.

Mojito Social Club said...

Congratulations! You have a nice blog and a nice name, Miss Mojito!

Stephanie said...

I love them both! So glad I was able to kinda help in the right direction!! I really love those flats, I may have to go get them for myself!