Friday, November 13, 2009

Let me "paint" you a picture...

I knew Photoshop very well in High School, my mom had it at our house and I would play with it once in a while. I no longer live at home, I no longer have the Photoshop resources. What's the next best thing? Paint! So I have put together quite the picture for you, haha.

So yesterday evening Mr. Mojito and I headed over to Men's Werehouse for his fitting for FSIL Mojito's wedding. They had to have it done my last week so it was perfect for us to actually have a deadline and a reason to make our way over there. If it wasn't for this deadline, who knows when I could have convinced Mr. Mojito to head over to Men's Werehouse. So as Mr. Mojito was getting measured and trying on different things, the gentlemen at MW could tell we were getting married and I was googling over all sorts of stuff. He asked if I would like to see swatches and I popped out a YES! I asked him if they had any color matches to David's Bridal dresses and he says yes, but only one vest of each color so we couldn't be picky. Unfortunately, we need two different colors because the best man and the groomsman will be wearing two different colors. I saw a wedding last year where there groomsmen wore all black with just the pop of color in the tie - I loved it and Mr. Mojito liked it as well. So we decided they wouldn't have matching color vests and ties so that made it a little easier.

Here is my fabulous paint skills at work...


After much cuting, pasting, and minipulating they have become a little blurry but to answer some of your questions: yes I'm wearing a sombrero, no I'm not planning on wearing it at the wedding. :)


So as you know we are using the same dress for the Bridesmaid's in Watermelon (BMs) and Tangerine (MOHs) in Style #83312... and of course my lovely Maggie Sottero Victoriana gown (sans sombrero). Here is what the breakdown is for my boys...

Mr. Mojito will be wearing the Calvin Klein two-button shadow stripe notch lapel. You can't tell in these pictures that's how faded it is but there is a light light pin stripe in the tux. He will be wearing that with an all black dress shirt with the Herringbone Platinum Vest and tie.

For the groomsmen they will be wearing the Calvin Klein two-button Super 100's Notch Lapel in black. They will be wearing the black shirt as well and will not be wearing the matching vest and tie. Instead they will be wearing the Herringbone Black vest (same pattern as Mr. Mojito) with either the Watermelon (GM) or Tangerine (BestM) ties.

Of course this was all done in the 25 minutes we were there so none of this has actually been tried on yet. As long as when we go in and everything looks like a million bucks then this will be our final decision.
I honestly like the whole look and am excited about our selections, since there isn't any lime green thrown in there I'm thinking we will add those touches in with the bouquets and bouts.
Next up for the guys: Cuff Links

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

oh I love it!!!! seriously love love love love it!!! And that BM dress is so super comfy (it was my RH style too) I wanted it for my girls, and as flattering as it is for all body types, it is not for ladies who are 7 months preggers like my SIL :( oh well, my girls still looked fab and yours will too in that cute dress!

Miss Pug said...

Um Mojito!!! GET PHOTOSHOP ELEMENTS!! It was like $100 or less at the Mac store and it's AMAZINGGGGGG!

Not that I don't enjoy your ghetto paint-ing, LOL

Jen said...

LOVE it! I wore almost that exact dress in watermelon to my rehearsal! I love the ties matching the girls...saw that in a wedding this summer, looks amazing!

New Mexican Bride said...

I love the tangerine and watermelon colors! And yes you have mad photoshop skillz girl~