Sunday, November 22, 2009

Internet Inspirations: Buhdoop

Name or Blogger Name: The blog name is Buhdoop, it’s something my fiancé and I made up and say all the time. When we were thinking of a blogging name he said “how about buhdoop?” I was like “brilliant.”

Website: buhdoop.blogspot.com (we were anxious to see if the name had been taken….nope, yay!)

How long have you been blogging? Not too long, only a little over a month. I got addicted as soon as I started. My fiancé gives me good insight on what to write about and I do all the writing.

What inspired you to start blogging? The craziness about wedding planning! I did not know it was such a stressful process. We originally wanted to elope, but decided to have a small wedding. That is when I found out that wedding planning has a lot of issues like: the money involved, the pressure, the etiquette, the unwritten rules, the silliness, after awhile I was just burning up about some things and had to get it out. I just needed a place to vent. I was inspired by blogs like A Practical Wedding so one weekend we just did the darn thing.

What did you originally blog about and how has that evolved: I originally started blogging about weddings and it hasn’t changed much since then. Occasionally I’ll add some random post into the mix, like the zombie cupcakes or toilet bowl cleaning. The great thing about blogging is that I have actually found some pretty cool things about wedding planning such as the blogging community. It’s great to have all of these people around to share information with. It is also good to know that other people are going through this with you.

What different types of blogs do you stalk? I am such a blog stalker! I usually try to leave a comment though. There are so many great blogs out there. I love a good wedding blog. Recently I have gotten into photography blogs (I am getting the itch to buy a camera and test out my skills). I have also started to stalk do-it-yourself/design blogs. Those people are so crafty. I was afraid of diy stuff, but I am slowly getting my confidence.

Three of your favorite blogs: This is so hard to do. I love so many and I have a few great ones on my blogroll (please go check them out). I’ll try to name a blog from the three types that I stalk.

From wedding blogs it has to be A Practical Wedding. This blog was instrumental in helping me keep my sanity! I love the information that she has on it and her take on things is always fun to read. She has recently gotten married, so it looks like her blog is morphing into a hybrid of wedding/newlywed information. It’s fun seeing her transition.

From Photography blogs it will probably be Rockstar Diaries. Rockstar Diaries is a blog about a married couple. Her blog is so darn happy. Whenever I need a dose of happy I hop on over there. She updates it a lot too, usually a few times a day, and it is always so upbeat.

I have just started looking at design/diy blogs. I would have to say Yellow Goat Design and all things beautiful is high on the list. She has an etsy shop as well which she features on her blog. I have spent my last few visits reading her back posts. I want to check out her artist interviews next.

How many blogs do you think you have in your feeder? I am following 28 right now. I can see that number going way up though since I have been blogging for less than two months!

What impact has blogging had on you? Such a big impact. Blogging has been amazing and addictive. I never even read a blog before August, now it is a daily activity. We are creating our wedding website now, and we are going to turn it into a blog so our families can stay updated on our lives and the planning process. It will also be an outlet for my soon to be photography obsession!

Additional Blogging Rants: I would just like to take this time to thank you Miss Mojito for this feature! I would also like to thank Stacy from “You Can’t Take It with You” for recommending me. Her site is great and her engagement photos are inspiring us to do a diy engagement shoot. Other than that, we are just happy that our little buhdoop blog has been found on the internet.

Thanks so much for taking part in the Internet Inspiration's Blog of the Week, Buhdoop! You've been such a sweet heart and it was great chatting with you! Don't forget to blog about your award and send people over to check out your interview!

Feel that you are inspirational or know someone who is? Let me know, you could be one of my next featured bloggers!

3 comments:

buhdoop said...

Thanks for the great post Miss Mojito. I didn't know I write so much :)

Chocolate Lover said...

Congrats! What a great feature!

Miss Pug said...

Just added her to my RSS!