Sunday, November 15, 2009

Internet Inspirations: ...and what about Grace?

This week's Internet Inspiration is one of my new personal faves. She contacted me about somethin or another and I went to check out her blog and instantly loved this girl...

Meet Eva.

She is awesome.

Okay might she hate me for posting that picture? It's possible, but since it's on her wedding website it's fair game! :) But here is her and her fabulous future hubby to be...

Name or Blogger Name: Eva

Website: ...and what about Grace? (http://www.andwhataboutgrace.blogspot.com/)

How long have you been blogging? I've been blogging since August 2009.

What inspired you to start blogging? I originally started because my bride-brain was taking over and I was afraid that I would forget all of my ideas. I was also looking for a way to keep track of all of the inspirational weddings coming across my Google-Reader. It has since morphed into a personal documentation of my wedding experience - working full time and planning a wedding - which seems to be quite the norm these days. :)

What did you originally blog about and how has that evolved? I started the blog to just talk "wedding planning." It's grown into a blog that highlights (what I consider to be) inspirational weddings around the world, upcoming creative trends, colors, ideas....

What different types of blogs do you stalk? I'm a huge fan of any and all blogs about weddings, planning a wedding and living on a budget, home decor, cooking, anything and EVERYTHING paper and craft related, etc.

Three of your favorite blogs?

  1. Sarah Rhoads Photographers & Steep Street Photography (It's a tie. I can't choose.)

  2. Peanut Petunia AKA Mrs. Strawberry on WeddingBee. We work together and she's a riot, plus she has incredible style.

  3. WeddingBee & Style Me Pretty (I hate choosing sides!)

How many blogs do you think you have in your feeder? Oh goodness...probably about 125-150ish.

What impact has blogging had on you? I feel like I have found such an amazing group of inspirational women to share ideas with! My fiance and I have been engaged for well over a year, and I have been pretty paranoid about annoying my coworkers, girlfriends, family, and most importantly: my fiance with all my wedding-talk. How is it when you're engaged everything reminds you of weddings. Colors, shapes, textures, lighting, seasons, weather....anything and everything reminds me of an idea, project, or plan. Blogging has given me an outlet and an audience that will never tire of my bride-brain! :)

Additional Blogging Rants: Time. It seems like there is never enough time. I fall asleep before writing the ever-so-important blog post of the day. I have to work late. I have a work event on the weekend. I planned a girls night, or a date night, or a family night. Granted, it's my time. I plan it how I see fit. But I always wish there was just a little extra time. Another frustration is writer's block. It happens. Frequently. Somehow I power through it. Also - my addiction to blogging has left me with an everlasting feeling that I am still somehow missing out on the most amazing and inspiring wedding blog in the world. If you write that blog, please let me know so I can add you to my Google Reader. :)

And we all know if I hunt hard enough and find a picture of your dog, it will be posted. I'm such a pooch lover!

Thanks so much for contacting Eva so I was able to discover you and your blog! You're awesome, hit me up anytime... since I'm a UCLA Football finatic I love you already for the sake that you were a Husky who took USC down :) haha... don't forget to post your fabulous award on your blog and send your readers over to check out your lil blog interview!

1 comment:

Eva said...

Oh My Hell!!!!! What an honor. Thank you so much. :) Check out the blog - I posted a little ditty just for you.

...and I am not upset or embarrassed about the picture. That's me. I'm nuts. I love to laugh, even if it is at myself.

And look at little Grace!!! (The pup.) She's so adorable. She makes that face all the time, and I feel like I should submit her photo to one of those greeting card companies that has puppy cards with morphed faces.

Thank you, Miss Mojito. Wow. :)