Tuesday, November 17, 2009

In honor of our negative five month anniversary...

...I have booked our flights to Ft. Lauderdale, Florida!


Since I don't think I have told this story I will tell it now, and if I have (since I'm too lazy to go back and check) then you can just ignore the majority of this post.

If you have been my follower for some time now it's no big secret that Mr. Mojito and I are pretty huge Angel fans. One evening, earlier this summer, we were sitting in front of the tv watching another Angel Victory when they advertised this little diddy...

"In honor of the Angels 365th hit this season we have partnered up with Jet Blue
to offer the first 365 biggest Angel fans a free roundtrip ticket to anywhere
Jet Blue flies! You must come decked out head to toe in Angel gear with
some Children's books to donate at noon."

Instantly Mr. Mojito and I hop on the Angel's website to check out the promotion to find out more of the details. We wanted to make sure that the voucher would be good until after our Honeymoon, that they flew to Ft. Lauderdale, and that there weren't any more restrictions. Awesome, the voucher is good until May 10th, 2010 (we get home from our Honeymoon May 3!) and they do fly to Ft. Lauderdale!

So Mr. Mojito and I called in sick to work, picked up some breakfast burritos, put on some Angel threads, and headed over to the ball park at 7:30 am. We were 77th and 78th in line! We got a wrist band, and at noon we had two vouchers to get our free airfare tix!

So we kept trying to go on Jet Blue to buy our tix but they were only selling through December, then January, then March, now September! So last night I called Jet Blue to claim our vouchers and seriously every single person I talked to was awesome, they were the nicest people. I found it funny that the automated message that transfered me to a real person said "A live and friendly operator in Salt Lake City, Utah will be with you in just a moment" -- guess they want you to know they are giving jobs to the Americans instead of sending our calls to another country (don't even get me started on an experience I had over the phone with Travelocity in another country!!). The people I talked to were seriously awesome and so nice -- especially when they found out it was for our Honeymoon. Another thing I love -- we don't have to pay for baggage!

So it's official, the trip is booked, the plane is booked. Now we just have to arrange our transportation to and from airports, hotels, and cruise ships!

4 comments:

kmattso2 said...

That's so awesome!! And 7:30 isn't even that early. The honeymoon is the only part I haven't even started to think about yet.

Llama said...

Sounds like soooo much fun! Can't wait to hear aboutthe trip!

Ghenet said...

So cool!

Katie said...

What an awesome thing! I can't believe that...so jealous!