Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Honeymoon Prep

I know, I know. I've been a horrible blogger. Just was in the midst of having some writer's block the past week, but I've put together some posts and have some big plans for the blog... okay not really, but I will be updating you on some of my wedding plans as of late.

So there have been two new additions to the Mojito household as of late:

The Eliptical


The Arrowhead Bottle

In a little nook downstairs at our house we have removed what used to be our "office" which now is part of the guest bedroom and replaced it with this not-so-decor friendly eliptical and arrowhead bottle.

Let's face it, when I leave the house at 7:00 am and don't get home until at least 7:00 or 8:00 pm, the LAST thing I want to do is go to the gym. But in all reality I need to get my ass to the gym. At the moment my dress will fit, but I want more then anything to take it down a couple more dress sizes by the big day. I've lost a steady small amount of weight lately but nothing that was going to make dramatic changes. Mr. Mojito and I have started a diet plan together (he's so supportive and doing awesome!) and by moving the eliptical over from my parents house it gives us the chance to still watch our Tivo time, spend some time together, and switch off working out during all of this. Since my gym membership is only $8 a month I don't feel like I can justify cancelling it, it's only $8 and I will never see that rate again if I quit and try to join back up, but at the moment I just don't have the time with work and school. I just want to be happy with how I look not only for the wedding day but also for the Honeymoon!

Next is that awesome Arrowhead bottle, in the pictures shown you might see a lot of copper but I swear there are some quarters in there! We started dropping our spare change in there and even when friends or family come over they empty their pockets for us as well. This clearly isn't a plan to pay for our wedding but we want to use that money for a nice massage or dinner on our Honeymoon cruise, it's that random money that we NEVER miss or even realize is gone. Before I dumped a jar in the bottle when I got it I had at least $20 so I would say we might be close to $30 or $40.

Have you and your fiance made any changes in your lifestyles to help prepare for the big day or honeymoon? What are some ways you are trying to look your best and save some moo-lah?

5 comments:

Stacy Marie said...

I have totally overhauled my spending habits and it is really, really hard. Me not spending money frivolously is a good thing, though, and I'm really glad that the wedding has gotten me to do so! I love that weddings can initiate positive lifestyle changes!

Crystal @ MyCarmelWedding said...

uI'm trying to exercise and eat healthy for our wedding and honeymoon too. However, my goal is to form these habits so that I'm healthy for the rest of my life (I hope these habits stick!!) Watching TV while exercising makes it go by so much faster too. To save $$$ whenever FI and I have a $5 bill we're not allowed to spend it, instead it goes into a savings fish bowl. The $5 bills add up pretty quickly.

Ashley @ Bride on a Budget said...

We've been saving change every since we were engaged for something for our honeymoon. We'll probably use it to go to the specialty restaurant on board.

Morgan said...

I got a stair climber and put it behind the couch in our TV room, so I can work out while watching TV....but I'm STILL having motivation issues. Good luck with your new workout area!

Chocolate Lover said...

We too are trying to exercise more. We are attempting to go to the gym around 3 times a week, even if its just to spend a half hour on the treadmill or stationary bike. It isn't always easy but we are getting there. And we also have the equivalent of an arrowhead bottle! We bought it a few years ago from vegas, but its a Coke bottle :)