Sunday, November 1, 2009

Gettin' Goofy

As I've shared many times I am so excited to be having a photo booth at our wedding. I think it's one thing that people have a great time with at the wedding and I think they will be some of my favorite pix from the big day. It's also a great way to make sure you get pix of just about all of the guests.

Because I want to have some hilarious, fun, and different pix for everyone to enjoy, I'm definitely doing a basket of props! Here is what I have so far:


Saw this online for only like six bucks with free shipping, thought my dad could come up with some fun stuff to put on it having to do with our wedding day!


Here are some mustaches I found on a website from Japan, there are 12 adhesive mustaches and I got them for only $1.50 with free shipping. Didn't love them but couldn't pass up that deal. I love the ones I find on Etsy but they are too pricey! I remember Mrs. Powder Puff DIYd hers and they turned out so cute, I will maybe try but if not I was thinking I could use some of these (since I don't love them all) and glue them to some cardboard or something thick and put them on a stick.


I'ma let you finish, but I just had to say, everyone needs some Kanye at their wedding!
Mr. Mojito and I were playing some video games last time we went mini golfing and used my tickets I won to get some oversized Kanye shades for the prop basket!

So that is what I have so far and still have some big plans for some other items. One that I'm looking forward to is having FFIL Mojito cut me some word bubbles out of plastic (he owns a plastic manufacturing company) and then go purchase some chalk board paint. Then people can write us some fun messages for their pix as well!

And what better day then November 1 to get some inspiration for this project? Helllllo, it's the day after Halloween! So as soon as Mr. Mojito gets home I'm draggin' him along to Party City and Target to see all the Halloween dress up items that are on clearance that we can use for the props as well!

What are some of your favorite photobooth props you've seen? Any ideas to share with me are welcome!
Photobucket

4 comments:

Born to be Mrs. Beever said...

I didn't know you could have a photobooth on the cruise ship...that's so great. Is it one of those DIY type ones that the photographers set up with a background and a camera on a tripod or is it an actual photobooth that guests climb into? We are getting the climb into one and I am also on the hunt for some word bubble chalk boards and funny sunglasses. The company also provides a box of props but I am starting to attempt the DIY mustaches...made my first two out of felt and bought some little beads and elastic cording at Tall Mouse to make them so guests can wear them over their ears. So funny...we have lots of similar ideas for our big day it sounds like :) Great idea to hit up Party City...I will head over there tomorrow after work :)

Miss Mojito said...

@Born to be Mrs. Beever -- you can actually have either one, but we are having the type with our photographer. Since we won our photographer we were able to just pay a couple hundred bucks to have it. He has a basic backdrop but I'm planning on buying some fabric and making my own.

Jen said...

Ohh well just judging my our photobooth...the boa was a big hit, also the glasses w/ mustache, the clown nose, the OVERSIZE sunglasses and the tiara!
Another thing I love is the chalkboard or dry erase board where people can write messages!

Jenn said...

I love the dry erase board idea!