Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Black Friday Madness

Okay, who is into Black Friday like I am?


Yes, that's me at 5:00 am on the dot at Target, my first stop every Friday after Thanksgiving. I wake up at 3:00 am, hope I remembered to set up the coffee the night before, and head out into the darkness in hopes I'm at least the 100th person in line at Target.

But seriously... Black Friday is just a huge deal that they make seem to be a better deal then some things really are. Making you think you can come and get your Christmas shopping done with a million other people, only to find out at the end of the day you spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars for noone but yourself. At least that's the case for me. I convince myself what a great way to save money and buy gifts for my loved ones. Well if by loved ones I mean me. Because when I get home and look at all of my $3 DVDs, $5 hand mixers, $20 Wii games, $30 digital frames, etc... I realize it's just about ALL for me.

I already know it's just going to be the same this year, I got my eye on the prize -- a 32 inch flat screen TV for $245 bucks. Mr. Mojito and I have a beast in our bedroom right now and this would be great to put on the wall. Once again, another thing we don't NEED. Nor do I need the $10 Office DVDs for the seasons I don't have yet, or the $10 Wii game because it's only $10 when I know damn well I have no interest and won't even play it. Can we discuss the toasters, coffee makers, etc. for only $2?! They loose out on money for rediculous things like those because they know you aren't going to wait inline all night for a $2 toaster, you will definately be making more purchases.

One thing I do need this year that is something we ACTUALLY need? Our fake Christmas tree.

So what about you? Are you one of the crazies or do you sleep off a tummy full of Turkey on the infamous Black Friday?

6 comments:

Miss Pug said...

2 words: HELLLLLLLLLLLL. NOOOOOOOOOOO.

I never have done BF and never will. Well, probably never. I hate crowds with a passion. I like a plan. I can't deal with people f-ing with my plan.

I'm also quite pissed that I have to work this BF at NY&Co but we're located downtown and parking is $$ so I'm hoping we won't be as busy.

Jenn said...

Where do they have that TV at?

Laura K [AKA Miss Mojito] said...

Jenn - the TV is at Wal-Mart and Target for the same price (don't remember if it's the same TV)

Crystal @ MyCarmelWedding said...

Actually, I'm guilty of the Black Friday madness too. Except, I steer clear of Target or Wal-mart. The serious shoppers that go there mean business and it freaks me out. LOL

LauraLou said...

That's totally me! And my hunny even goes with me. :) We have an even bigger excuse to do it this year since we might find wedding bargains! And I told him the one thing I really wanted to get was our fake Christmas tree, too.

Layla said...

Guilty!!! But two malls are opening at midnight tomorrow, so I think I'm going to do that instead of going Friday morning.