Wednesday, October 7, 2009

When I was young...

Weddingbee started a new series today and I thought I would join in on the fun. All of the Bees filled in the blanks for this phrase below. Some made it a short sentance, others got extremely elaborate.



"When I was young, I thought I’d get married at age _____. I actually got married at age _____. This worked out better/worse for me because _____."



What's funny is that just about all of the bees got married well after their estimate, we are just so naive while we are children and think we are adults, or I should say mature, well before we even are. We all know you can be considered an adult without being mature!

When I was young, I thought I'd get married at age twenty-two. I actually am getting married at age twenty-five. This worked out better for me because I was no where near ready for marriage at the age of twenty-two. I was almost twenty-two when I met Mr. Mojito and knew I instantly wanted to marry him right then and there within a month of meeting him, I'm so glad I got to know all of him before jumping into that sillyness. Mr. Mojito and I have grown so much over the past couple of years it's unbelievable. I guess when I was younger I thought "Hell if I can drink at twenty-one I must be an adult!" Of course I also thought I would have two kids by the age of twenty-four or five and be done with three or four kids by the age of twenty-seven or eight. Gosh I couldn't imagine! We plan on just thinking about kids around twenty-seven or eight.
Let me know if you decided to participate and link me in on a comment here! I would love to hear when you thought you would get married and how you realized no way, no how.

3 comments:

Stacy Marie said...

When I was young I never thought I'd get married to be honest. When I get married, I will be 24. This worked out better for me because I had not idea how amazing life could be with such a great man by my side!

Stephanie said...

I played! Here ya go :) Thanks for the encouragement!!

http://thegooseandus.blogspot.com/2009/10/when-i-was-young.html

A Wedding Story said...

I wanted to be married right after college. I am so glad that my own plans fell through. I would have never met my husband and gotten married at 26. I used to think 26 was so old to be married. Ha! not anymore!