Thursday, October 8, 2009

The Table Name Game

For the tables we will not be doing table numbers, but instead going with the trend of table names. Since our wedding is on a yacht and we have a very beachy / tropical feel to many of our details we will be doing different California beaches that either Mr. Mojito and I go to or that we have taken a weekend getaway or camping trip there. I will need between 20 to 22 table numbers so we really had to put on our thinking caps. Here are the beaches we have chosen so far, I have twenty-four on the list:

  • Huntington
  • Bolsa Chica
  • Balboa
  • Newport Beach
  • Laguna
  • Doheny
  • Santa Monica
  • Santa Cruz
  • Pismo Beach
  • Santa Barbara
  • Malibu
  • Mission Beach
  • Corona del Mar
  • Hermosa Beach
  • Long Beach
  • Oceanside
  • Redondo Beach
  • Pacific Beach
  • Seal Beach
  • Sunset Beach
  • Venice Beach
  • San Onofre
  • San Clemente
  • Catalina

One thing I haven't decided is if I'm just going to put "Balboa" or "Balboa Beach". I think some are totally fine without Beach, but some like "Sunset Beach" don't sound like a beach when you just say "Sunset". So after just talking it out I think I will just decide with each one individually.

So now you may be wondering how I will be desplaying my fabulous table names? Mama Mojito bought me the biggest sand dollars she could find. I think they are about 5 inches or so if I remember correctly, she purchased them quite a while ago. My dad is a sign guy for In-N-Out and can do anything and everything when it comes to signs. So he can use the font of my choice (most like Suzies Hand) and will be able to type up all of the different beach names and print them out on Vinyl which will be able to be placed on each sanddollar like so. Here are a few examples but mine will be 100 xs better then any of these shown, I couldn't really find any great examples! (Please hope none of these are yours lol)

We then also purchased little clear easals like you see here...

...and then they will be placed on each.

Wa-la... our table names for the seating arrangements.

Are you doing anything a little different for your table numbers? What are some of your ideas that you are thinking about?

2 comments:

Crystal said...

I think the different beaches is a cute idea, especially on the sand dollars. A wedding we went to earlier this year used different kind of legal statutes (they are both lawyers) for each table. Unless you had a legal background you didn't really get it. We might just use regular numbers...

Alicia said...

I love these table numbers!

I still have NO clue what I'll be doing.