Thursday, October 8, 2009

Please Don't Stop the Music: Money Dance

Was the stripper pic inappropriate? Probably, but I don't enjoy having pic-less posts so needed something, and when I typed "money dance" into google this is what I got. :)

So it's been a while since I've done a music post so I thought I would take a trip back to my "Please Don't Stop the Music" segmant while I sit here and tell you a little bit of our playlist plans for the big day. Honestly, everytime I go to this segment in my blog I end up singing Rhianna the remainder of the day... but that's okay, by this time in the afternoon at work I need a little booty shaking in my life.

Unfortunately, I have nothing to share with you for the money dance. And I thought by the time I got to this chapter I would have some more ideas. I've googled and googled, and I've found nothing but cheeeeezy x 10 for all the ideas out there. Everyone does the whole money dance thing in my family so it was something Mr. Mojito and I wanted to participate in as well... it's always seemed fun and it gives ya a little bit of spending cash for the honeymoon.

So this is where I will through a few questions out at ya'll and any and all feedback is greatly appreciated!
  1. What are some songs you've seen done? Aren't they typically slow songs? Everything I'm finding are fast, random, booty shakin' songs that have the word "money" in the title.

  2. Are you doing the money dance? What are some songs you are considering?

  3. How many songs have you seen done / are you doing? I'm thinking two songs, maybe have a back up third if my DJ thinks it is necessary... I don't think people will be lining up to throw money at us all night! :)

Thanks ladies, I seriously have NO CLUE on this one so all your thoughts and input help!

4 comments:

Crystal said...

I've only been to one wedding where there was a money dance, and it seemed like they played two songs for the groom and two more songs for the bride. It's not my thing, but I can totally see incorporating it into your wedding if it's something that your family does. :) If you're doing one, I'd suggest Michael Buble's "Can't Buy Me Love".

LauraLou said...

The ones I've seen have been fairly slow songs, but still fun. We're doing a dollar dance, but I haven't even started thinking about what songs to use! I'd kinda like a mix of fast and slow songs. I think 2-3 is a good plan, but we're going to leave it up to the DJ to decide depending on how it's going. Some suggestions:

I Hope You Dance - Lee Ann Womack
What a Wonderful World - Louis Armstrong
With a Little Help From My Friends - Beatles
Brown Eyed Girl - Van Morrison

Those are all I can think of off the top of my head. Hope that helps!

Miss Mojito said...

I love the idea of "Can't Buy Me Love" by Michael Buble and also "With a Little Help From My Friends" by the Beatles... definately adding those two to the list!

ohana photographers-david and kimi said...

how bout if i had a million dollars by barenaked ladies? :)
we've also heard at some of our weddings:

you've got a friend in me - toy story :)
bills, bills, bills - destiny's child
money money money - abba
hey big spender
just some off the top of my head :)