Monday, October 19, 2009

The Not At ALL Necessary DIY Project

Who doesn't want to...

I know I do, but these bad boys are completely and utterly 100% not necessary [for me].

But will I do them anyway? Probably. I've decided I will have to find out closer to the wedding how many people will actually be staying at the hotels, if it's more then ten I will probably make these. Actually I would maybe even do them if it was less. You see, I don't need to do these because just about our entire wedding guest list lives in Southern California. Those that don't live in Southern California did and have just moved. So our welcome basket would be more for just the novelty of it all and not as much to show them around to give them a little taste of Southern California.

But I can't help to think of what I would do if I decided to. I love the box idea that was done in the second picture above. I believe those are actually Mrs. Sushi's from WeddingBee if I remember correctly. But I also love the idea of purchasing some cute reusable grocery bags because those will always come in handy.

I think I would maybe include some sunblock and maybe even a sun mat, they sell some cute wicker ones at the 99c store that I've purchased on many occasions. I would definitely include the itinerary of all wedding-related activities along with directions and contact information for if they need anything. I would include a couple bottles of water and some snacks -- nobody loves the price at a mini-bar! For cuteness factor I would put a cute map of Newport Beach as well as some tourist info for some local attractions. One idea that I love is putting a blank CD along with a self-addressed mailer requesting that they mail you the CD with all of the pix from the wedding once they get back home! (I just love getting mail!).

I just know that anytime I've gone to a wedding out of town and received an OOT bag I just completely loved it and thought it was so thoughtful! Are you going to do OOT Bags? What do you plan on including in them?

4 comments:

Jen said...

We did RI - theme OOT bags in beach pails. The buckets say "Welcome to Rhode Island Love Jay & Jen" and included: 2 waters, a packet of Del's lemonade, a RI postcard, 2 packs of crackers, assorted pieces of candy, tissues, a Rhode Island postcard, toothpaste, toothbrush, gum, a I Love RI shot glass & a Rhode Island Monthly magazine...along with a note "Welcome to Jay & Jen's Wedding weekend" with all of the details of the reception/shuttle & brunch the next day!

http://867-53oh9.blogspot.com/2009/08/oot-buckets-check.html

Ashley @ Ramirez Family said...

Im a new follower ;)

I love this idea too, and I wanted to do it...however our wedding was a destination wedding for everyone except 2 people, so it would have been too expensive if we did it for EVERYONE!!

Good luck with them! If you dont want to put items in that represent Southern Cali, then put in items that represent you and your fiance. Just a thought =)

Stephanie said...

We had so much fun putting our OOT bags together and they were a huge hit with our family and friends - granted they were all new to the Louisville area. I don't know if you were following my blog when I posted about there, but hopefully here's the link...

http://thegooseandus.blogspot.com/2009/09/oot-guest-welcome-bags.html

Miss Pug said...

The little Chinese takeout boxes are GORGEOUS!