Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Internet Inspirations: Miss Pug's Pawfect Wedding

I'm so excited to be kicking off this new segment... I know the first blogger I'm sending your way is fantastic, or should I say pugtastic? I've gotten to know her in the blogging world and have just grown to love her! Let me introduce you to our very first Internet Inspirations - Blog of the week!

Aren't they adorable?! You're lucky Kelly, I wanted to choose one that was goooober status!

Name or Blogger Name: Kelly aka Miss Pug (kjpugs on Weddingbee, if you're on there)

Website: Miss Pug's Pawfect Wedding

How long have you been blogging? I've had the wedding blog since July.
What inspired you to start blogging? My friend Katie from Random Reflections of a Perfectionist saw the Miss Pug available on Weddingbee and essentially forced me :) But now since I've been rejected 3 times (and only APPLIED twice... thanks WB!) I really enjoy it because I get out my wedding ideas without boring my non-engaged friends.

What did you originally blog about and how has that evolved? I originally only had my pug blog, http://pugandbugg.blogspot.com/. Poor Pug Blog has been neglected a little lately! I had a diaryland site in high school so I guess I just love exposing myself on the internet (um, wait.... not like that....)

What different types of blogs do you stalk? I stalk a few design blogs/newlywed blogs, but mostly it's dog blogs and engagement blogs!

Three of your favorite blogs? Oh man this is so hard... my fave dog blog is Salinger's, http://salingerthepug.blogspot.com/. His mom is HILARIOUS (I know her in real life!) I also am obsessed with yours, Miss Mojito (DUH) because of the frequent updates, and your posts are really high-energy and relatable, not just "which of these should I choose?" type posts. They are helpful, fun, and encouraging. You involve the reader... that's what I like most when I feel like I know the blogger. And then two will count for my #3... there are these twins I stalk (whoops I mean FOLLOW) that I'm obsessed with... Erika and Darcy whose blogs are just plain perfection. Erika's is more design-focused and she just had her first child likeeee a month ago. SWOON. (http://blog.urbangrace.com/) And then Darby has two daughters and a son and they and her husband make up this perfect little j.crew family... seriously I showed it to Mr Pug once like, "LOOK AT THEM! I mean seriously. ARE THEY REAL?" (he now thinks I'm an actual creepy stalker.) It's nice to see a real family and have that to look forward to post-wedding hopefully :) (http://www.flythroughourwindow.com/)

How many blogs do you think you have in your feeder? Get ready for this... 226 subscriptions currently. AND GROWING! Some of those have just fallen off and are non-active updaters but they are all on my RSS in google reader! I usually have at least 45 blog entries to read every morning, and I read them throughout the day as well.

What impact has blogging had on you? The Pawfect Wedding blog has been great for me to realize I'm not insane and share ideas freely with other like-minded brides. Most of my friends aren't dating let alone engaged, and for most of my engagement I felt like I had no one to talk to about all the DETAILS! Poor Mr Pug took the brunt of it. Now that I have other blogs to read and people to read mine, it lets me get out my wedding blabber! I get a lot of inspiration, ideas, and just plain reassurance for all sorts of projects. I think I'll be blogging forever- I love the little community it offers.

Additional Blogging Rants: I am the worst commenter. I am seriously so bad about it, since I use google reader. I am working on being a better commenter... I'm sure that out of those 200+ blogs many don't even know I read! That's my goal currently- to be a more pro-active member of the blogging community.

Thanks for being such inspiration for my wedding and blogging in general Miss Pug! Don't forget to post your award and send your readers over this way to check out your posting!
P.S. Want to be considered for the weekly "Internet Inspirations" or know a blogger who should be?? Let me know!

6 comments:

Miss Pug said...

ohmygosh... so honored Miss M!!!!! Great photo selections, by the way. I am running over to the pug place now to post this!

A. Marigold said...

Cute feature!

Ashley @ Bride on a Budget said...

Congrats girl!

kmattso2 said...

Congrats!!!

This is such a cute idea Miss Mojito!

Jen said...

Oh how cool! Love the new feature!

Katie said...

Love this! (And Miss Pug of course)! :)

And heyyyy I didn't force her to become obsessed with Weddingbee...that just happens naturally when you go to the site! ;) But I appreciate the "blame" nonetheless! :)