Friday, October 16, 2009

Internet Inspirations: I Do at the Zoo

This week for my Internet Inspirations I bring you the mucho fabulous Stephanie from "I Do at the Zoo" -- she is seriously the bomb dot com. I find that phrase to be extremely appropriate in the blogging world, so excuse me if I ever tend to over use it. She just got married and is in the process of her Honeymoon recap, she is still waiting for her pro pix but if you find her now you will be just in time for the start of all her recaps coming up (Mojito crosses fingers) soon! Let's just say I'm always so happy on Stephanie's blog, she had such great ideas and her and her hubby always look SO. IN. LOVE. I will let a picture show you just how much...


See? So in love. I'm always the sucker for the pix including the fur-babies!

Name or Blogger Name: Stephanie - When I started blogging I was a total amatuer and didn't get creative with a fun blogging name. I kinda regret that now.

Website: "I Do at the Zoo" - http://thegooseandus.blogspot.com/

How long have you been blogging? I started in August 2008 - so a little over a year, but it definitely doesn't seem like it's been that long.

What inspired you to start blogging? Weddingbee! Pre-proposal I had wedding fever and found their site. I saw that in order to eventually apply I needed a blog. Thus began my addiction to telling the world about our lives!

What did you originally blog about and how has that evolved? When I first started, only a couple of our very kind friends read the blog and were most likely bored to tears by my ramblings about our jobs, our opinions on politics, football games and weekends excursions - remember though, I wasn't engaged yet. The blog was titled 'The Goose and Us' - a nickname for our darling pup. In October 2008 Rick proposed, and it became a mixture of wedding and everyday life - I had a few more readers and I felt more confident in my writing. The turning point was in March 2009, I applied to Weddingbee and faced rejection. When that occured, I redesigned the blog to be only about the wedding and our planning process. I even went as far as to delete previous non-wedding related posts and renamed it as "I Do At the Zoo".

What different types of blogs do you stalk? Weddings, newlyweds, design blogs and our friends personal blogs. I'm getting into dog blogs now too - thanks Miss Pug!

Three of your favorite blogs? This is so hard! If I HAVE to pick favorites I'm going to stick with some that always make me laugh and almost always have daily updates...these are not in any order! Jenna at That Wife - Jenna is Mrs. Avacado from Weddingbee. I love her blog! She has amazing pictures, I'm mesmerized when reading about her LDS faith (I am intrigued by religion and Jenna does a great job explaining her's), I adore her outspoken personality and the love she has for That Husband. Not to mention, she's pregnant with That One and as a newlywed with baby fever I enjoy hearing about her current experiences! Next up would be Sherry & John over on Young House Love. Now that I've made it through the planning, wedding and honeymoon I have more time to nest and Sherry & John provide great ideas to spruce up any home - small or large, with simple ideas that don't cost a whole lot of money. Plus, I love their writing style and feel a kinship since they live in my hometown of Richmond, VA! Finally, I'm going to cheat and list a few that are my ultimate favorite wedding blogs because I can't pick just one! Miss Mojito's, Miss Pug's and August15Bride's - each gives me frequent updates, lots of lovely pictures, fresh ideas about weddings and write with an energetic tone that makes me adore them! I get so excited when I see a new post pop up from any of these lovelies.

How many blogs do you think you have in your feeder? Wanna know a secret? I don't use Google Reader. Blasphemous - I know! I have almost 60 blogs that get my undivided attention on a daily basis and they're all posted on my blog under "What We Read" and update automatically for me. I'm currently on the hunt for more as I have more time to peruse and enjoy other people's lives and ideas!

What impact has blogging had on you? Oh my gosh - it's been amazing! I've made so many blog friends, with some that have turned into real life friends. It is my outlet where I can be honest and forthcoming no matter what and let my creativity flow. I was amazed by the response I received and can't believe so many people are interested in our wedding! I feel so loved every time I see a comment or receive an award - THANK YOU SO MUCH, MISS MOJITO!! My little blog which started as an effort to get on Weddingbee, turned into so much more - it became my own little community of ideas, support and love during the ups and downs of planning our wedding and will continue to grow and evolve post wedding too!

Additional Blogging Rants: Like last week's winner Miss Pug, I'm not a very good commenter. Despite knowing how I adore comments, I don't always leave them and I'm trying to become better about showing my blog love to others! Also, I'm very aware of providing recaps of the wedding and continuing my blog in some form now that the planning is over. I found so many blogs when I first started and followed them religiously, now that their wedding has come and gone, I'm so sad I don't know what they're up to - is that weird?! If you start a blog and cultivate a following, I feel like you owe it to your readers to either say 'goodbye' or keep at it. I will definitely keep my blog going - it may acquire a new name at some point and evolve past wedding only posts, but I'll still be out there sharing our lives.


I love this pic of them in London on their Honeymoon!

Thanks for being a follower Stephanie, I always love hearing from you in this blog world. Why do some of my favorite blogging girls have to be so far from me? Congrats on your wedding and I can't wait to see more... don't forget to post your award on your blog to send your readers over for your interview!

{Wanna be the next Internet Inspiration or know someone who should be? Email me or leave a comment and let me know!}

3 comments:

Katie said...

Love this series that you've been doing...keep it up! :)

Stephanie said...

thank you thank you Miss Mojito! Check out my post about your award today - hope you like it! :)

Miss Pug said...

GREAT JOB! and yea... Blogger is weird with delayed posting stuff. UGH! but great choice!!!!!!!!!