Wednesday, September 16, 2009

STD: The Big Reveal

They're here! I was super stoked yesterday at work when Mr. Mojito texted me saying there was a package there. Seeing that my Save the Dates arrival were set for Tuesday I knew that was the only thing it could be. The anticipation for whatever reason was killing me so I raced home from work only to tear open this beautiful padded envelope. I pull at out the first postcard I feel out of the stack... WHAT!? BLANK?!


Okay, out of 100 postcards what are the chances the one I would pull out would be blank? But of course it was and then a moment of panic was quickly overcome when I reached in for the whole stack and pulled out 100 of these bad boys...


As a whole I'm really excited about how they turned out. The quality is good and they will definately do the job. The front side is glossy and my biggest worry of not being able to read "Save the Date" and "4.17.10" on the two balls was a complete waste of worry -- they were perfectly legible.

[[ Front Side ]]

[[ Back Side ]]


As a whole I am completely satisfied with the quality I recieved from Vista Print -- especially for the price paid! Here are my two tips if you are planning on using them:

  1. Don't use a border. On our front side as you see we used a red border to add a little more color in the picture. Unfortunately the border looks perfect on some but not quite as even on others because of the cut I guess. Honestly, it didn't bother me that much... if it was our invites that I had a problem with that might be a different story.
  2. Pay for the 21 day shipping. Do it ahead of time so you don't have to rush. To get it one of the quicker ways it costs a fortune. This is probably my fourth or fifth time using Vista Print and I have NEVER had it take more then a week to receive the product, so it probably doesn't even take three weeks hardly ever.

Since last nite I had an evening full of television (2 hour season finale of Big Brother and 2 hour season premiere of Biggest Loser) I spent the evening signing a little note on each one saying "Hope to see you there! Love, Laura &". I did all 100 gradually over that period of time... now Mr. Mojito wanted to sign his own name so I have to get him to do his name 100 times and they will be all set for addresses and stamps. I thought the little note and signing our names was a nice little personal touch.

Now I can't wait to start getting feedback from our guests when we send them out in the beginning of October. Hopefully too many people won't be droppin' the "No" bomb on us quite yet, but it will be nice to know so we could possible ask some of our "B-listers". Gosh that sounds so mean, I would hate to think I was a "B-lister" for someones wedding, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Do you think if someone said informally that they won't be able to make it to your wedding after sending the Save the Date you should still feel that you need to send them an invite? Or is that enough to slash them from the list?

*All pictures taken by me on my poor cell cam, sorry the quality isn't to par.

3 comments:

Ashley @ Bride on a Budget said...

They look great!

And Vistaprint always puts a blank card on top to protect them.

Miss Pug said...

WOOHOOOOO! THey look great!

Bee @ BP Wedding said...

Wow!! Those turned out really nice!! I love the picture that you guys decided to go with. Can't say enough how great they look. I know that your guests will love them too!