Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Please Don't Stop the Music: Dinner

I'm hoping to not spend more then an hour at dinner. The difference with my venue is dinner and dancing is in two seperate places.

The level where there is dinner will be where we spend about an hour for everyone to eat but then the DJ has to make sure everyone makes their way upstairs quickly after that to another level where there is the cake cutting, dancing, and all other reception events. That level is somewhat like a "lounge" with lots of couches surrounding the dance floor.

So basically why I'm telling you all of this is I have specific music I want played during dinner and then as soon as we head up stairs it will be a completely different list of songs.

As I was compiling my list for dinner I realized I will need somewhere around 12 songs. When thinking of songs that we wanted I was coming up with songs that were typical other first dance songs for other couples. Songs that are a little slower and romantic... songs that everyone knows... the classics.

Like of course the classic "What a Wonderful World" made famous by good 'ol Louis Armstrong but there are also some other great versions by Michael Buble and Iz.



I definately think I like Armstrongs the best.

And who can forget At Last by the fabulous Etta James...



And yes, that person really put Ella Fitzgerald.

I know we will definately throw in some country as well, like one of my favorites by Keith Urban, Making Memories of Us.



If that wasn't our best friends song it definately may have been a contendor for our first dance. Mr. Mojito hasn't flatout said it, but I think it reminds him of his ex as well.

Just so you have some ideas for yourself here is some others we have and are making the cuts from there:

Love Song - 311
Forever - Ben Harper
She's Everything - Brad Paisley
That's Amore - Dean Martin
Just the Way You Are - Diana Krall or Billy Joel
I'll Be - Edwin Mccain
Can’t Help Falling in Love With You - Elvis Presley
At Last - Etta James
Love and Marriage - Frank Sinatra
It Had to Be You - Harry Connick Jr.
The Way I Am - Ingrid Michaelson
What a Wonderful World - Iz, Louie, or Michael Buble
Supposed to Be - Jack Johnson
Better Together - Jack Johnson
I'm Yours - Jason Mraz
Lucky - Jason Mraz & Colbie
You Are The Only One I Love - Jaymay
Maybe I’m Amazed - Jem
Making Memories of Us - Keith Urban
You Save Me - Kenny Chesney
Sunday Morning - Maroon 5
Save the Last Dance For Me - Michael Buble
L-O-V-E - Nat King Cole
Come Away With Me - Nora Jones
You're My Best Friend - Queen
God Bless the Broken Road - Rascal Flatts
Unchained Melody - Righteous Brothers
Have I Told You Lately - Rod Stewart
You Really Got a Hold On Me - She & Him
Kiss the Girl - The Little Mermaid
My Best Friend - Tim McGraw
I Can't Help Falling in Love With You - UB-40

Some of those are bigger contendors then others so it should be easy to cut, but just wanted to show you what we are starting with.

What are some of your favorite classics that you surely won't be leaving out of your wedding?

No comments: