Thursday, September 3, 2009

Please Don't Stop the Music: First Dance

Mr. Mojito and I are big music fans -- mostly country and classic rock are the genre's we love. Classic Rock doesn't exactly throw out great love songs regularly. Although some may think that "Hot Legs" might classify as a great first dance, we decided to lean more towards a country song.
There were so many I loved and Mr. M would always say "That's not it" or "That reminds me of my ex" -- which happened more then I would have liked to hear, haha.

I couldn't have asked for it to be more perfect, I remember we were driving home from Mama and Papa Mojito's house one late nite and it came on. A song we both had never heard, but it was the familiar voice of Brad Paisley. It was wierd, we both kinda sat there quietly and I could tell we were both just listening to the words. All of a sudden my eyes got teary and I looked at Mr. M. "That's it!", he said. And from then on out we knew it was going to be "our song", our "first dance".

I'm so glad it was so easy so early on in the process. I read so many posts by Bees about their struggle to choose a song and they have a whole list and they just want to agree on one of them. We didn't have to deal with that at all.

I just realized, I didn't even tell you the song... well here it is for your viewing and listening pleasure. You can also take a look at the lyrics.



Then by Brad Paisley

I remember, trying not to stare the night that I first met you
You had me mezmorized
And three weeks later, in the front porch light
taking forty-five minutes to kiss goodnight
I hadn't told you yet
but I thought I loved you then

Chorus

And now you're my whole life
now you're my whole world
I just can't believe the way I feel about you, girl
Like a river meets the sea,
stronger than it's ever been.
We've come so far since that day
And I thought I loved you then

And i remember, taking you back to right where I first met you,
You were so surprised
There were people around, but I didn't care
Got down on one knee right there once again,
I thought I loved you then

Chorus

And now you're my whole life
now you're my whole world
I just can't believe the way I feel about you, girl
Like a river meets the sea,
stronger than it's ever been.
We've come so far since that day
And I thought I loved you then

I could just see you, with a baby on the way
And I could just see you, when your hair is turning gray
What I can't see is how I'm ever gonna love you more
But I've said that before

And now you're my whole life
now you're my whole world
I just can't believe the way I feel about you, girl
We'll look back someday, at this moment that we're in
And I'll look at you and say
And I thought I loved you then
And I thought I loved you then


And because this song was there in the side tool bar on You Tube I thought I'd add it to. For no reason besides I love it. :)


Was it easy for you to choose your first dance song or was it something you debated over for a long time? What is your song or some of your favorite contendors?

No comments: