Thursday, August 27, 2009

Please Don't Stop the Music: Ceremony

This is going to be my next series I'm starting over the next week or two. I'm going to be telling you a little bit about my music plans for my wedding day. Some things we have set in stone, others we have no clue... we are still a little over seven months out so we have some time, but I've been keeping it very organized in my excel spreadsheet so I know I will be ready to go. When we eliminate songs I be sure to delete them and when I come up with songs I add them. It's been a big help and I love having it handy in my Google Docs. Has anybody else found Google Docs to be extremely helpful in the wedding process?

Now let's get to it... the Ceremony. Although of course the main thing people remember from a wedding is the reception, the ceremony is by far the meaning of the whole big party in the first place right? I know when Ceremony's stick out and I want people to leave remembering ours.

For our Ceremony Mr. Mojito and I have decided that we won't be doing any of the traditional songs that you hear at a lot of weddings... so let me start you off with the bridal party. They will be walking down the aisle to "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" by Iz. Honestly, I like this more then the original version. It's so beautiful and has that small tropical feel that we have with our wedding.



Okay maybe this is a bad idea, I just started tearing up thinking about this song during my wedding. Oh my. Maybe I should walk down the aisle to this song? No I think I'm going to keep it the same.

Although I'm not totally 100% on this, this is my only contendor at the moment and it does have some special meaning to me... I'm thinking Joe Crocker's "You Are So Beautiful"...



I saw it on a video once and I don't know why this song with a bride walking down the aisle was just - WOAH.

The next song that would play in our ceremony would be during our sand ceremony, once again we only have one song chosen so far... Lost in this Moment by Big and Rich.



As much as I LOVE this song I'm not sure it will be a contendor. I'm not totally sure though... we shall see.

Last song for the ceremony is when we are announced Mr. & Mrs. Mojito!! Wow, can't wait to hear that for the first time! :) For that one we decided we wanted to do a fun song for us to bounce back down the aisle too. Side story real quick, our best man got married last summer and his last name is Love and they went back down the aisle to "Love Shack" it was so cute! Ok, Miss Mojito... focus! So our choice here is for sure as we love us some Queen and this song is just perfect. We will be doing "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" by Queen.



Oh geez, this song just makes me so happy and also reminds me of "Son in Law" which I can't stand Pauly Shore, but for some reason my Papa-Mojito and I used to watch that movie all of the time when I was younger.

So there ya have it, part one of this session. What do you think of my selections? Any suggestions? What are you planning on doing for your ceremony music? Traditional or a little different?

No comments: