Monday, August 10, 2009

Behind the First, First Dance Song

When browsing through different boards on the W-bee I often find posts talking about first dance songs. I like to see peoples choices, especially before Mr. Mojito and I picked ours just so I could get some ideas. Well, I was very shocked by some girls choices... especially if I had really listened to the lyrics before. I often thought to myself... "Why would you chose this song?!"

Then Mr. M and I THOUGHT we chose a song, the song made me cry and we thought this was it. Apparently the emotions got the best of us when we decided that this would be our song, because we clearly didn't listen to all of the lyrics.

It was about his dead wife, which I guess could still be a romantic song... but you could tell during the lyrics that he was singing about his dead wife. I mean maybe it's just me, but I didn't feel right about that. Now I know why I was crying...

So here are the lyrics to the first song we had chosen as our first dance song. It's by Diamond Rio and is called "I believe".

Every now and then
soft as breath upon my skin
I feel you come back again
And it’s like you haven’t been gone
a moment from my side,
Like the tears were never cried,
Like the hands of time
were pulling you and me.
And with all my heart
I’m sure we’re closer than we ever were,
I don’t have to hear
or see I’ve got all the proof I need.
There are more than angels watching over me
I believe
Oh I believe
Now when you die and life goes on,
It doesn’t end here
When you’re gone every soul has found a flight
It never ends if I’m right.
Our love can even reach across eternity.
I believe
Oh I believe
Forever you’re a part of me,
Forever in the heart of me,
I will hold you even longer if I can.
Oh the people, who don’t see the most,
See that I believe in ghosts.
If that makes me crazy
then I am
Cuz I believe
Oh I believe
There are more than angels watching over me.
I believe
Oh I believe
Every now and then
soft as breath upon my skin,
I feel you come back again
And I believe.
So yeah, beautiful song... just don't want my first song to be about his wife who passed, naw mean?? Anyways... coming up, the REAL first dance song.
Did you have any doubts about your choice for the first dance?

No comments: