Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A Bash in Our Honor...

This past Sunday my two MOHs, MOH-KC and MOH-Lu, threw Mr. Mojito and I a little engagement part extravaganza. It was a small group of us that basically included some of my closest girlfriends from high school, and of course their significant others... BM-Cuz also made an appearance as well. I was having so much fun (and enjoying the Sangria) that I didn't take NEARLY as man pictures as I wanted... especially pix showing off how great their decor was. They did it pink and brown which aren't my wedding colors but they know I love that combo.



MOH-Lu (left) & MOH-KC (right)

So excited to start off the party with my future hubs!

Each table had balloons in the center as well as little diamond jems and beads sprinkled throughout as well as homemade frames that were done by MOH-KC (I'm trying to convince her to do an Etsy shop... she's amazing!) She made a total of 10 frames all with a different theme that included a picture of Mr. Mojito and myself that went along with the theme of the frame. At the end of the night I got to choose three to keep and the rest of the girls got to keep one for a favor.


Here are a couple of the tables, with the sun shade down it gave an awkward shadow, I probably should have pulled up the shade but on my camera screen it didn't look too bad.

This is one of the frames and a bit of decor upclose.
Didn't she do such a great job on those frames!?
After a couple glasses of some FABULOUS Sangria and some chatting it up with my friends we fired up the BBQ and MOH-KC's boyfriend cooked up some delicious Carne Asada and Chicken... they also had beans, rice, chips, guacamole, enchiladas, it was all there! The Mexican market that they got this meat at was just amazing... one good thing you can always find in Southern California! Can't believe I didn't take any pix of the food either... I just don't catch the details as much when I'm having a great time I guess!
After we all stuffed ourselves my MOHs hosted a "How well do you know the Bride and Groom" quiz... most of my friends did fairly well and I was shocked when MOH-Lu's boyfriend got 2nd place! He looked at MOH-Lu and said, "See I told you I listen." Clearly he does, he knew so much about Mr. Mojito and I's relationship over the past two years! I saved all of the answers, some of them where hilarious -- especially the boyfriends who didn't know much! I will try and do a post with all of the questions incase you would ever like to use them for anything.
Once the game was finished it was announced there was going to be a Beer Pong Tournament (classy right??)! We played in teams with our significant others and it was double elimination... you loose two, you're out. Mr. Mojito and I lost our first round but then won the next three in a row. We made it to the finals and let's just say... four rounds of beer pong in a row is not the best look for a bride!
One Corona, Two Corona, Three Corona, Floor.
MOH-KC showing off her skills.
Her and her boyfriend are who we challenged in the finale!

Here we are with BM-Cuz and her fiance.
They are getting married a few months after us!
Here are all of the high school girls with our bfs, fiances, & husbands.

For as much beer as we had I think we are lookin pretty good right?

I know I've said this numerous times, but I am SO thankful for my MOHs. They have been so much help and I know they are dedicated to making my bridal experience a fabulous one. I can't wait until the next event that they have in store. I know it will be fabulous!

What was one of your favorite bridal experiences or one that you are looking forward to the most? I can't wait for my bachelorette party in Vegas!

1 comment:

Westside Wedding said...

What a great engagement party! I'm looking forward to my bachelorette party too! and I am also having it in Vegas yay!