Monday, August 17, 2009

Askin' the BMs (Part 1 of 2)

Sadly, I had a few pix from this first DIY project I did but for some reason I can't find where they are on my computer. So in the meantime, my descriptions will have to do (I think I have a pic of one of them in action that I can add at the end of this post)...

So although all my bridesmaids knew they were going to be in my wedding through small talk I wanted to figure out a cute way to ask them formally. I decided to make homemade notecards and include a little gift.

The front of my notecards said: "I said Yes! Will you?"

The inside of my notecard said: "Will you be my bridesmaid?" or "Will you be my Maid of Honor?"

Along with that it had a little note to them just on our relationship up until that point and how much they mean to me. I wanted each one of them to know how much I wanted them part of my special day.

I also included a link to the Bridesmaid Newsletter that kept them up to date on things they needed to know, the dress they will be wearing, contact info, etc. I will write a post about the newsletter another time.

The notecard then was tied with some cute ribbon to some super cute headbands that I picked up at the ever so fabulous and pocketbook friendly... Forever 21 :)

I got some tags from Michael's that I decorated with some cute scrap gear and punched out some letters from my Cuttlebug and on the tag it said:

"Will you help me keep my HEAD on straight?"

Get it? Headbands? Head? Okay yeah, all my girls got it or at least they acted like they did so it was a fun way to ask them and it seems like they all really enjoyed it. I love headbands and wear them just about daily with one of my hairstyles so it seemed perfect for the girls as well.

Each notecard cost me a little under a dollar to make and the headbands cost anywhere from $1.80 - $3.80 each... this was a project definately under $20 for everything.

She hates this picture, but for the sake of my blogging followers... here is me asking BM-Ash in Las Vegas after our friends wedding at Ceasar's Palace:

How did you go about asking your Bridesmaids? Wasn't it something quick like a cute notecard, or did you get all DIY with this small task?

1 comment:

Westside Wedding said...

That is so cute! I wish I had done something like this, I did not even think about it, I just asked them one by one. What is the Bridesmaid Newsletter?