Thursday, January 14, 2010

My Birthday is Making Me Sick!

UPDATE: This post was scheduled for a few days after the new year... after posting this and thinking it disappeared I complained about Blogger for a week. Had a lightbulb turn on today and realized when I scheduled it to post it was for January in 2009 instead of 2010. Oops. So I switched it so please excuse the delayed post. LOL
____________________________________________________

Warning: My birthday semi-sucked this year, I was ill, very ill - so I look HORRID in 98% of these pictures. But here is how my birthday weekend panned out... still was great none-the-less.


First, we kicked off my birthday weekend by heading down to Downtown Seal Beach. Mr. Mojito just got a new job that he started this past Monday (it's seriously his dream job and is loving it!) so we wanted to see where that was located and then how far it was from the beach and certain places because we plan on moving to that area sometime later this year. We took Dakota along for the ride and we just drove around, walked around, and had ice cream. It was a great afternoon.

The next day is when I really started to get the sore throat and congestion... that was the nights my girlfriends were taking me out to Rock the Keys Dueling Piano Bar. It was a lot of fun since I wasn't feeling too louzy yet. It was great just to catch up with a few of the girls, have yummy cocktails, and do some singing and dancing!

Here are some pix with the girls...



And then my favorites were the birthday shots...
Cute Pre-Shot:

During the Shot (MOH-KC was a party pooper):
After the Shot (Priceless):
It wasn't until the next day, my actual birthday when all sickness started kicking in. But it was my birthday, and I got in free on my birthday at Disneyland, and I was going to be taking advantage of using that towards my new season pass - so we weren't missing out on that.
Let's just say I was truly trying to be a trooper. But BOTH California Adventure AND Disneyland Park were sold out and it was just madness everywhere. We got there at noon and left the park at five and only did two rides. We ended up going to Rainforest Cafe and was going to go back into the park but since we finally had our season passes I begged Mr. Mojito to go home. So we did, and we watched The Hangover (again), and it still somehow turned out to be a great birthday... which I will put in a sidenote that Mr. Mojito is taking me to get messages and go to dinner in the next week or two for my birthday! :)
It's my birthday!
My birthday cupcake!

The "L" in California Adventure
for the future Lewis', ahem, I mean Mojitos! LOL

When we finally went to dinner at Rainforest Cafe where I really start looking bad!

So that was the journey of me turning a quarter of a century. Not one of my most eventful birthdays ever but it was kinda nice not having a huge sworay like I have in the past. I spent it with my most important peeps so that's what matters!

4 comments:

Em said...

Happy belated birthday! Being sick on your birthday (or any other time) is never fun but it seems like you were able to make the most out of it! Glad you were finally able to post these ;)

Pug(s) and Bugg said...

That cake is so cute!!! I wish I was able to celebrate with you :( JEAL!!!!

-kjpugs

ohana photographers said...

being sick on your b-day bites :( hope it was awesome anyway, and yay disneyland!

Brandi said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I went to Disneyland for my Birthday too! Sorr you weren't feeling well though :(